Best Starter Forestry Tractor

How many Mogs do you really see in the woods proper? None. :001_rolleyes:

County yes, but never a unimog.

I know of one, belongs to a member on here and has 7T double drum with wander lead, full guardign and front/rear blades. Admittedly it isn't as versatile as tractor for some roles but I was really impressed where it would go and what it would pull. Also had a big Patruuna forwarding trailer behind it too.

To the OP, for an all purpose tractor for in the woods I'd be looking for something like a MF 3000 series 4wd or a 300 series 4wd. Ultimately anything 4wd is going to be better than nothing but some suffer from lots of plastic bits to get ripped off and JD's in particular have vulnerable fuel tanks. Ford 7610 isn't a bad machine either if you find a good one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holder are good if you can get one. Valmet would be best but too expensive i suspect. County are pricey but will float over soft ground- no loader option?. Massy 390 4wd are a good robust tractor, but again hold their money. If you want a robust forestry tractor with 4x4 and the above are too pricey then case/ih could yeild a few options.

I like roadless majors,and their seem to be a few coming from Holland.

Holder are good if you can get one. Valmet would be best but too expensive i suspect. County are pricey but will float over soft ground- no loader option?. Massy 390 4wd are a good robust tractor, but again hold their money. If you want a robust forestry tractor with 4x4 and the above are too pricey then case/ih could yeild a few options.

I like roadless majors,and their seem to be a few coming from Holland.

HI LUMBERJACK mf 390 3 stick box is best roadless majors what a tractor :thumbup1:they hold there money very well it hard now to get a cheap good 4wd tractor i no some one with a 80/85hp case loader tractor for sale all the best jon :thumbup:

MF 390 if you can get your hands on one but will be expensive.

International, David Brown all old skool forest tractors but will do what you want.

Lamborghini, Case and Zetor older models also could do what you want and for reasonable prices.

Fordson major!

Bulletproof, built to last, will run all day on a couple of gallons, cheap parts and easy to fix.

Powers and supers have better hydraulics a bit more power plus difflock. Once you've had good service from it you should hopefully be able to chop her in without loosing value and maybe buy something bigger with 4 wheel drive.

Cheers,

Andrew