What do climber's charge.£ per hour.???

jnoon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree, after all if your a youngster you will only be spending the money on comics and fizzy pop :001_smile:

Not relly , i save as much as poss to re invest in tools, after the rent van etc has been paid for!!

not many people charging the same as me on here! sounds like there's some cheap climbers! stick to your guns you know your own worth. there are tight wads everywhere who expect everything for nothing! if you've got a couple of regulars look after them and it soon picks up.

How do you figure that?

Job and knock means you get your days pay and get to go home when the job is done so you earn what you would have and get to go home early.

Sorry, I didnt know job and knock meant the same even if you was on an hourly rate :blushing: How would you work out what your days pay would be if your on an hourly rate? I assume you would be paid for an 8/9 hour day?

Im always learning :001_smile:

Arran

Sorry, I didnt know job and knock meant the same even if you was on an hourly rate :blushing: How would you work out what your days pay would be if your on an hourly rate? I assume you would be paid for an 8/9 hour day?

Im always learning :001_smile:

Arran

If you are freelance then you get your day rate and an early dart, if you are cards in you get your full days pay and an early dart.

not many people charging the same as me on here! sounds like there's some cheap climbers! stick to your guns you know your own worth. there are tight wads everywhere who expect everything for nothing! if you've got a couple of regulars look after them and it soon picks up.

Go on then mate enlighten us..?

£100 per day= £23k per year

Bound to be some days off so maybe looking at 18-20K p.a.

You need a new saw every 3 years and new climbing kit similar but still it's reasonable.

Trouble is freelancing is very much weather dependent and you are at the beck and call of whoever is giving you work- can be hard to complain then if jobs are postponed.

At the end of the day it's down to you and how much you enjoy your work.

BTW climbing is usually day rate so crack on and get paid a full day for 3/4 day work= job and knock.

Do it so your gaffa doesn't know and he won't up the amount of work he gives you next time.:sneaky2:

If he complains then make sure every job takes the full day and take it easy.:laugh1:

Generally an employee works 220 days a year so a free lance subbie on £100 a day equates to £22,000

This is similar to Newly Qualified teacher who has spent 4 years at uni

Or a senior Nurse or experienced Midwife

Someone with only one years climbing experience getting that much is doing well!

I am not saying some climbers are not worth £150 but most aren't! I bet a most business owners don't make the £33,000 a year and are putting in alot more time and risk.

Minimum wage for an over 21 year old would bring in just over £10,000

18-29 year old about £8,700

Ah...

Here in Euroland I recently paid 240euros for a climber to cover me whilst I had a bad back.

I thought that fair for the job in hand but not as a regular employee.

After all, subbies only have to turn up and do the work, not price it or manage a team.

I was surprised though by the low quality of kit used and wished I'd offered less!

What I really want is a young and hungry groundy who wants to climb as well.

I'd budget 12.50euros per hour (9euros after deductions) so 100euros per day

Then I'd throw the odd cash bonus his way if he or she 'actually' grafted.

120-150 for an apprentice climber with own kit.

My own wage expectations are somewhat higher though...

Ty

Im looking into climbing to further my tree work, I'm going to get my own kit at the show as I borrow some at the mo to rec climb with.

I'm damn sure I will want to start climbing soon, just got a way to go before I could put a saw in my hand up a tree.