Pricing Too High???

DJP Arb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I looked at it was me + one groundsmen incentive to get it done in two days would have been worth a punt! But anyway live an learn don't you? I originally quoted them 1200 but they nearly hard a heart attack went to £850 an that's still too expensive? Such is life hey?

you cant quote 1200 then drop it to 850

Hi guys thanks for all your advice and encouragement! Sorry i dont have any pix i should have taken some! I have been climbing 3 years but had to take some time out in between did my leg in pretty bad (my fault for climbing in the snow). Got back into it an decided to start out on my own as i have just separated from my mrs and have my 2 year old son to provide for! Thinking into the future decided was better to try an make something for the both of us than to work on day rate. Was working day rate to buy equipment / van etc.

I will admit that im not currently the fastest climber in the world but i get the job done which i feel is the main thing. Should be back up to speed in no time at all.

That make sense?

Makes sense, and good on you for trying, tough times at home abd at work right now! I shouldnt dwell on it too much, easy for us to criticise, but you were the man on site and you assessed it based on your perception of your teams abilities. Others price based on theirs. You win some and you lose some, its no biggy. Smeone once told me if yu win them all, your too cheap, if you only win one or two out of ten, your too dear, its finding the happy medium thats tricky. im sure we all get it wrong from time to time. ATB anyway :thumbup1:

Makes sense, and good on you for trying, tough times at home abd at work right now! I shouldnt dwell on it too much, easy for us to criticise, but you were the man on site and you assessed it based on your perception of your teams abilities. Others price based on theirs. You win some and you lose some, its no biggy. Smeone once told me if yu win them all, your too cheap, if you only win one or two out of ten, your too dear, its finding the happy medium thats tricky. im sure we all get it wrong from time to time. ATB anyway :thumbup1:

Too true too true! thanks Andy

Go back and see what kind of a horses arse they make of the trees mate

why do people assume that because the price is cheaper, the work qaulity will be less

we reduced the 2 oaks below, chipped and left the site spotless in less than 10 hrs for £870.00 with 3 guys on site. the first tree was over 3 gardens.

the other company that quoted put in a price of 1500.00

id say i priced it well, with a high qaulity of work. the difference is that we are an experienced, skilled, efficient crew, where as, the company i was quoting against generally have less experienced guys working for them

007.jpg.e6c767f63939c833bbbcea8e9190a7d9.jpg

001.jpg.0dc6c4afd355e920b33ad5702baf59f3.jpg

why do people assume that because the price is cheaper, the work qaulity will be less

we reduced the 2 oaks below, chipped and left the site spotless in less than 10 hrs for £870.00 with 3 guys on site. the first tree was over 3 gardens.

the other company that quoted put in a price of 1500.00

id say i priced it well, with a high qaulity of work. the difference is that we are an experienced, skilled, efficient crew, where as, the company i was quoting against generally have less experienced guys working for them

Totally agree John, price MAY be an indicator of quality, but it very often not.

People who are very good at what they do usually complete the task much more quickly and to a higher standard than less skilled operatives, so their price for the job will be less, however their day rate and profit will be higher.