Pricing Too High???

DJP Arb

The way I looked at it was me + one groundsmen incentive to get it done in two days would have been worth a punt! But anyway live an learn don't you? I originally quoted them 1200 but they nearly hard a heart attack went to £850 an that's still too expensive? Such is life hey?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I looked at it was me + one groundsmen incentive to get it done in two days would have been worth a punt! But anyway live an learn don't you? I originally quoted them 1200 but they nearly hard a heart attack went to £850 an that's still too expensive? Such is life hey?

I would be very cautious about dropping a quote by that amount unless you are changing the job spec. It makes it look like you were trying it on the first time round.

I would be very cautious about dropping a quote by that amount unless you are changing the job spec. It makes it look like you were trying it on the first time round.

Thanks for the advice mate didnt think of it like that

Agreed, not good business practice. And compounded by the fact someone then went on to beat you by a further £200 has likely left the customer thinking you are a rogue(even though we know thats not the case)

I can only echo the others here, £850 for 2 men for 3 days is way too cheap, regardless of the fact you lost the job. If the other company is very efficient, highly skilled and organised, and saw to do the job in one day, then maybe thst would explain his lower price. Either that or he didnt realise the enormity and complexity of the job and completely messed up his pricing. Hard to tell from afar, I shouldnt worry about it now, its gone.

Did someone REALLY quote £650 or was the customer trying to knock you down further?

I've had a few like that, maybe you'll go past in a few months and it's still not been done!

Customers like that are a waste of time, when they get like that at quote time what will they be like at payment time?

Don't take it personally. Lets face it if we all stick to our pricing strategy rather than knee-knocking bargain offers the work will still come in.

3 days to prune two trees???? You must be joking.

£650 sounds bang on to me, one days work, happy days.

That's what I was thinking. If you have a good climber and I mean good then that work you describe should take 1 day for 3 men or a long day for 2. I would be happy to get £650 for that.

I all ways put an extra 50 on small jobs and 100 on bigger ones as i expect to get knocked down a little if they don't haggle its happy days the lads get a bit extra. As has been said do not drop your price significantly as they may think your trying it on and a bad word spreads quicker than a good one :001_smile: