395xp or ms660?

snowy

Bought my 660 in 2004, but has new fuel and oil caps and no heated handle ?!

Brilliant saw I run a 25", 30" and 36" bar on it, bought it as I couldn't handle the weight of the 088 any more, too heavy up a tree, (well I am 50, now and not the lad I once was) The blokes love it, and there is always a fight to use it.

BUT, I have had problems with it starting, after about a couple of years it fluctuated on the revs, so took it to a dealer who, put a new carb on it, was o.k. for a while, then played up again, I took it apart this winter and found that the piston was scored on the exhaust port, and the small inner filter on the carb was gunged up, so can only think it got starved of oil, and then heated up, ended up puting on a new piston and stuff.

Goes grat now, just keep it maintained, especially if you employ staff!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one have a problem engaging the chainbreak on the 660 when its been running 1/2 an hour or so?

yes and the 460 used to as well, I think it just needs cleaning out regularly esp. when the 36" bar is on. Tend to use it with 24" now but happens from time to time

I also have a 200t that the bar fell off TWICE when it was brand new. Yes the nut was tight!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
660's a great saw, ours were bulletproof. And I prefer the old fuel caps! However, I'd like a 395, mostly because my 346 is SO much better than any 261 I've used. Wise? Not sure...

HI MATE there good old saws JUST GET IT PORTED BY STEVE :thumbup1:ON HERE THEN IT FASTER THEN A 661:thumbup1: THANKS JON :thumbup: