Unorthodox or Strange Crimes ??

Dean Lofthouse

A mate of mine went out in Halifax on a saturday night, decided he had had enough to drink so went to the local curry shop got a takeaway and then went to a phone box in the town centre to phone their lass to pick him up.

While he was in the phone box the doors opened and two lads mugged him for his curry.

He was unhurt but shaken, when he told me he couldn't understand why I found it hilarious

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At my local Indian takeaway, the local teenagers have developed a jolly wheeze. One of them will go in, order a kebab, pay for it, and then nip across the road for a pack of fags. Their mate then comes in, picks the kebab up, and disappears. The original identi-chav returns and demands his kebab. If he doesnt get it the shop get beset by vandals. I suppose its a form of protection racket really.

Curry related crime eh?!

What is this world coming too when a drunk man cant enjoy a curry without it being robbed. Mind you they would proberly save me washing all my clothes the following morning as iv'e spilt most of it down me in the taxi because iv'e fell asleep.:thumbdown:

Youre mate should take up martial arts. A spring roll in the right hands can be lethal, then he would,nt be left with egg on his face....or was that egg fried rice. Seriously though, what you should do is see if it happens next Saturday. But this time put a house brick in the bag and let em have it, right in the kisser.

Last night my Daughter (14 years) came home, she had been shopping with her boy friend in Leeds, they came back on the bus through Bradford interchange where they had to change buses.

They were sat waiting for a bus in the interchange when one of a group of 20 youths walked up to her boyfriend and punched him in the side of the head for no other reason than to show off infront of his mates.

The group then said they were going to "bang" my daughters boyfriend and got on the same bus but my daughter had the sense to stay downstairs.

She then got on the mobile and arranged for his family to meet them off the bus, the group saw them on the phone arranging something and got off the bus at the next stop. One of the group threw a water bottle at my daughter missing her and hitting an old lady in front.

My daughters boyfriends dad is a bus driver and is persuing video evidence of the incident but is not have much help from the bus company who don't seem interested.

Is it any wonder kids carry something for self defence

Last night my Daughter (14 years) came home, she had been shopping with her boy friend in Leeds, they came back on the bus through Bradford interchange where they had to change buses.

They were sat waiting for a bus in the interchange when one of a group of 20 youths walked up to her boyfriend and punched him in the side of the head for no other reason than to show off infront of his mates.

The group then said they were going to "bang" my daughters boyfriend and got on the same bus but my daughter had the sense to stay downstairs.

She then got on the mobile and arranged for his family to meet them off the bus, the group saw them on the phone arranging something and got off the bus at the next stop. One of the group threw a water bottle at my daughter missing her and hitting an old lady in front.

My daughters boyfriends dad is a bus driver and is persuing video evidence of the incident but is not have much help from the bus company who don't seem interested.

Is it any wonder kids carry something for self defence

What a society we live in today!

Where are the police? And if they were there what would they do? nowt!

And were there people standing around watching and doing nothing?

If these scrotes thought there was a chance that a crowed would form and confront them, they wouldn't have the bottle to do it.

I feel so angry after reading your post Dean.

Glad you Daughter was thinking on he feet, and thing did not end worse.

The first story about the curry made me laugh and reminded me of a few nights out around Hudds and Halifax, although in this day and age youre friend couldve had his nose broke or even worse for that curry.

The second story is the exact reason I am dreading my 7 year old lad growing up anymore, I know I cant keep him inside forever (unless I force him to become addicted to one of them online pc games, world of warcraft etc hahahah), but it really makes you wonder where anyone is actually safe nowadays. Peer pressure and "respect" have gone sooooo over the top its untrue.

I strongly believe the police and judical system needs to be FEARED again, because at the moment it seems it's cool to be bad.