Some serious advice needed please chaps.

farmer_ben

everyone talks about legal route

Well I have had neighbours of customers threaten this when we have cut overhanging branches.

For most people I would have thought it's not worth the money/grief

Anyway does anyone want that senario hanging over them for months- look at the hedge neighbour issues. Sometimes attached is a HUGE legal bill

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone talks about legal route

Well I have had neighbours of customers threaten this when we have cut overhanging branches.

For most people I would have thought it's not worth the money/grief

Anyway does anyone want that senario hanging over them for months- look at the hedge neighbour issues. Sometimes attached is a HUGE legal bill

For sometimes, read always. Much better if the OP can get it resolved in house with the publisher as this deals with the nuisance created, ie the perceived bad publicity, effectively. A good retraction will draw attention to the fact that the writer is attempting to compare business with diy when he clearly has no idea of what he is talking about. :001_smile:

Sorry Ben I can't read it - too old and my eyesight failing I s'pect!

Don't lose your temper - I would write in a letter addressing every issue matey has brought up and counter it. I'm sure the editor would print it and won't cost you anything.

I would say he bought the logs for something to write about or if not it was handy at the time. His experience of buying cordwood it would not surprise me if he suddenly started doing loads for people. A word to the inland revenue if you find this the case. I would get someone to ring him and record the conversation then approach the editor and get a full page editorial on HIS page, which you write, followed by 6 months of quarter page adverts starting in august. Dont let it get to you, keep the high ground but I would not let it drop. I cant believe the editor will put up much of a fight, who needs the hassle. Good luck with what you decide to do. If he complains about the kindling I will bring my handbag :biggrin:

I have to admit, my blood is boiling after reading that diatribe. I had a similar problem with a customer that decided I hadn't delivered him enough firewood and wanted double or else, went to measure the load and took a few bags of sticks as a good will measure.

Next day he had posted a thread on a ex pat website used by a lot of my customers, saying much like your friend paul, and that i had tried to buy his scilence with a meager offering of a bag of twigs. long story short- website withdrew his posting, customers started phoneing to ask if their orders were short too, no legal action could be taken, so had no choice but deck him, lost a lot because of one tosser, but felt better for watching him wake up with a crowd around him. I do not recomend you do this, England has a much better legal system, for better and worse, good will out!

A lot of sound advise given so far of which I can't better. On the subject of legal advise, why don't you pop to see your local (CAB) citizens advise bureau? At least this way you can benefit from free legal advise and will give you a better understanding of the tools available to you if you choose to continue. If not well you've not spent the earth. I always adopt the whole 'there's always more than one way to skin a cat' approach with matters of this nature. Revenge is a dish best served cold with a clear head!

Wish you all the best

Andrew

tried to make it bigger but cant quite work it how to do it!

Scan at 300 DPI (or higher) resolution, and choose "Grayscale" or "Magazone" or "Text" as type, and PNG or GIF (or PDF) as the format rather than JPG which is more suited to photographs and will blur text.

The options vary a lot, depending on which software you use to drive the scanner.