70 - 80cc saws

TimberCutterDartmoor

Got the saw from J.K Smit & Zonen (JKS) in northants. 01536 310485. Ask for Dave he should beat anyone on price for Huskys. Dont know if the price I paid was because I brought a load of other stuff but he was the cheapest nationwide by a mile and is definately worth getting a quote if your after a new husky.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the saw from J.K Smit & Zonen (JKS) in northants. 01536 310485. Ask for Dave he should beat anyone on price for Huskys. Dont know if the price I paid was because I brought a load of other stuff but he was the cheapest nationwide by a mile and is definately worth getting a quote if your after a new husky.

Thanks a lot mate, might give that a try in the Spring cheers:001_smile:

• 1 year later...

Is it happening, are husky and stihl getting a new challenger in the pro saw arena, hearing great things about the dolmar/makita 7900 but what of there 50cc range saws? There price doe's make them a very tempting alternative especially if the reviews keep going the way they are.

you're all forgetting about 'resale value'

if you look on fleabay s/hand stihls fetch damn near new prices !!!

looking at buying a large saw now, but due to other commitments i'm skint !!! :lol:

a 4 year old 880 is for sale at £800 !!!

441's are fetchin upto £400

yeh its very true about the resale value, certainly comes into it. £700 for a 441 or £550 for 7901 new. choices. dont want it to come round and bite me later.

7901 is a bit lighter and has a little more power but the stihl is solid built and will prob last longer. Anyone out there have long time experience with the makita 7901?