One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Ok Eddie, I take it you're fresh to the Aspen team? Welcome to our happy little gathering here. I think this product has a major flaw. It's not readily available over the counter in many areas. It's too expensive. The empty cans mount up, until I can make a specific trip to the tip to dispose of them. Since my earliest postings on this product, I have bought and tried it. £17 for 5 litres is ridiculously dear, moan about pump fuel going up, but this is dearer still. I have to travel quite some distance specifically to buy it, to an outlet I otherwise would not visit, as it's not on my regular circuit, more expense in time and fuel to get fuel. I washed out the empties and put them in my recycle bin, as it has the symbol for recycling on the can, my collectors removed them and put them back with a note that in future they would not empty the bin if they were in there, not too clever. That means a specific trip to the HWRC to dispose, more time and fuel. Hardly the greenest commodity any more IMO.

Plus side, it does smell nice, if you like that smell, and it's claimed it is better for your health, but I'm always a little cynical about that kind of claim. Better for kit? Maybe it is, hard for me to see that though. So, will I go out of my way to buy Aspen fuel again, simply no...it's simply not a viable alternative for me over pump fuel. :001_smile:

Hello all,

Great news Christchurch Powr Tools in Dorset have just taken thier first delivery of Aspen fuel.

Last months new Aspen dealers

Toad Hall Garden Centre

Marlow Road

Henley-on-Thames

Oxfordshire

RG9 3AG

F N Pile & Sons

Fir Tree Farm

Warmington

Banbury

OX17 1JL

I will try and keep you updated on new dealers but please check aspenfuel.co.uk then click dealer map

Hello all,

Great news Christchurch Powr Tools in Dorset have just taken thier first delivery of Aspen fuel.

Last months new Aspen dealers

Toad Hall Garden Centre

Marlow Road

Henley-on-Thames

Oxfordshire

RG9 3AG

F N Pile & Sons

Fir Tree Farm

Warmington

Banbury

OX17 1JL

I will try and keep you updated on new dealers but please check aspenfuel.co.uk then click dealer map

I guess you know the score Eddie

Aspen IS too expensive and hard to get rid of containers. To make it worthwhile you need to buy in bulk which has storage issues. There must be a way you can make this work as I would love to start using it in all 2 stroke and even 4 stroke machines.

Needs to be more like BP ultimate = 10-15pence a litre dearer

I guess you know the score Eddie

Aspen IS too expensive and hard to get rid of containers. To make it worthwhile you need to buy in bulk which has storage issues. There must be a way you can make this work as I would love to start using it in all 2 stroke and even 4 stroke machines.

Needs to be more like BP ultimate = 10-15pence a litre dearer

Hi, Yes Aspen costs more but it costs more to make.

Every litre of Aspen can be traced back to the blend it was made from in sweden.

Every bottle of Aspen is the same.

Not like pump fuel from the supermaket!!

We are in the catch 22 of wanting the price to come down but not using enough in UK to make this happen.

When I did my Aspen training we went to a machinery dealer in sweden and he has Aspen petrol pumps outside for his customers to fill up.

I am checking up about can recycling and will let you all know the facts

Ok Eddie, I take it you're fresh to the Aspen team? Welcome to our happy little gathering here. I think this product has a major flaw. It's not readily available over the counter in many areas. It's too expensive. The empty cans mount up, until I can make a specific trip to the tip to dispose of them. Since my earliest postings on this product, I have bought and tried it. £17 for 5 litres is ridiculously dear, moan about pump fuel going up, but this is dearer still. I have to travel quite some distance specifically to buy it, to an outlet I otherwise would not visit, as it's not on my regular circuit, more expense in time and fuel to get fuel. I washed out the empties and put them in my recycle bin, as it has the symbol for recycling on the can, my collectors removed them and put them back with a note that in future they would not empty the bin if they were in there, not too clever. That means a specific trip to the HWRC to dispose, more time and fuel. Hardly the greenest commodity any more IMO.

Plus side, it does smell nice, if you like that smell, and it's claimed it is better for your health, but I'm always a little cynical about that kind of claim. Better for kit? Maybe it is, hard for me to see that though. So, will I go out of my way to buy Aspen fuel again, simply no...it's simply not a viable alternative for me over pump fuel. :001_smile:

Hi Andy,

I have just checked and plastic milk bottles are the same plastic a Aspen 5 litre can's

Still getting used to using this site!

WP_000047.jpg.db7521c6ba62f251475b1caf2fda4f3b.jpg

WP_000044.jpg.c4b35791b582641a1f3171577d63f84b.jpg

WP_000048.jpg.e1dcd159f70eef40ce2d73f0afcb1b72.jpg

what annoys is that strathbogie saw services never stocked it 2 stroke aspen in the 5 litter drums when they were dealers so you have missed out on sales i was willing to try it but having to go well and truly out of my way to try to get it and then not be able to get it say it all, as we have no dealers in northern Ireland, 6 in Scotland and 9 in wales and the like of garden kit says he can not stock enough of it, for the ones in england are lucky as they are general relatively close to a dealer so all i can say is i am not going to actively try to get hold of it any more our 2 nearest dealers to home are 5hours and 6 hours trip away one way but if i if was easier to get hold of i would try it but why try it if i can not get hold of it so thats what puts me off and i would say lots of others, i really want to try it but cant get hold of it so there is no point marketing if you are missing a huge market area

Nice to see you posting on here Eddie and just a quick reminder about the pallet of Aspen 2t/bar oil for me next week.

You will have fun on this forum and have your work cut out but there are lots of people in favour of using Aspen as well as lots against and it will no doubt be an ongoing debate...

I'm not convinced myself that Aspen is greener for the environment due to the extra transport, processing and disposal of empty cans but I am convinced it's better for me and my machines and it saves me a lot of hassal hence why I've used it for the last 6 years apart from in my 090 which I use normal mixed stuff.

:001_smile:

i really want to try it but cant get hold of it so there is no point marketing if you are missing a huge market area

Hopefully this is why Eddie has taken over as a front man for Aspen and can start chasing the retailers and/or figuring out a better way for having it more widely available.