One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

engine do live longer running on Aspen.

A bold statement from Eddie, and one that may be difficult to prove.

But in fairness it may not be that far from the truth.

An engine run on fresh petrol, at the right mixture, and serviced correctly should give good service and a long life. There will be some carbon build up around the combustion chamber and in the exhaust over time due to some of the impurities in the fuel.

As the engine expands and contracts some of this carbon may dislodge and cause wear in the bore. Some of the carbon may tend to stick the rings a little, shortening the piston life.

Old fuel, oils of insufficient quantity or quality and poor servicing may reduce the expected engine life.

Aspen fuel is very pure and is mixed with high grade synthetic oil, always at the right ratio and the use of this fuel does, without question, reduce carbon build up within the engine, and will extend engine life.

I have now been using Aspen in my service work for 18 months and have seen many Aspen run machines come in for the second service. These engines are exceptionally clean. This is noticed particularly on the exhaust and spark plug.

Fuel filters too, remain as clean as when they were put in 12 months previously with none of the discolouration seen with petrol. Carb diaphragms are unstretched.

I have pulled the pot off of one engine,(brush cutter) not because of engine failure, but because it had been run over by a tractor. This was a year old and had been run from new on Aspen. The internal engine components were absolutely as clean as new. No carbon or discolouration at all.

In 4 stroke engines the oil after 12 months is as clean as the day it was put in.

This is sufficient proof to me, and I hope backs up the controversial statement made in the previous post.

A bold statement from Eddie, and one that may be difficult to prove.

But in fairness it may not be that far from the truth.

An engine run on fresh petrol, at the right mixture, and serviced correctly should give good service and a long life. There will be some carbon build up around the combustion chamber and in the exhaust over time due to some of the impurities in the fuel.

As the engine expands and contracts some of this carbon may dislodge and cause wear in the bore. Some of the carbon may tend to stick the rings a little, shortening the piston life.

Old fuel, oils of insufficient quantity or quality and poor servicing may reduce the expected engine life.

Aspen fuel is very pure and is mixed with high grade synthetic oil, always at the right ratio and the use of this fuel does, without question, reduce carbon build up within the engine, and will extend engine life.

I have now been using Aspen in my service work for 18 months and have seen many Aspen run machines come in for the second service. These engines are exceptionally clean. This is noticed particularly on the exhaust and spark plug.

Fuel filters too, remain as clean as when they were put in 12 months previously with none of the discolouration seen with petrol. Carb diaphragms are unstretched.

I have pulled the pot off of one engine,(brush cutter) not because of engine failure, but because it had been run over by a tractor. This was a year old and had been run from new on Aspen. The internal engine components were absolutely as clean as new. No carbon or discolouration at all.

In 4 stroke engines the oil after 12 months is as clean as the day it was put in.

This is sufficient proof to me, and I hope backs up the controversial statement made in the previous post.

re aspen 4 stroke been using it in brushcutter checked oil on dipstick still like new. so must be better for engines. wish it would go down a bit as is expensive to use.

Given that aspen is more than double the price of pump how much will it cost to run a saw for three years on aspen compared to pump and could you buy another saw with the extra?

I bet you could

Given that it's almost three times the price, i'd say yes you could. Say 2.5 litres (£5 extra using aspen) a day usage x around 150-200 days a year = £750-1000 . That's a new ms461 every year, or two top handles!

No but I have used another brand of alkylate fuel and it was waaaaaaay cheaper than your brand

Spill the beans then what make of fuel, and save us all a few quid.:thumbup1:

I've had a look online and Aspen is all that comes up other than Coleman stove fuel.

Figgy

What I dont get is what have people got against Aspen,some choose to use it,(I do),some dont.

We know it comes at a premium,& that gets rammed home all the time,(yawn),we know that it exposes us to a lot less potentialy harmful emissions,thats about all there is to it,& thats why some countries make it a legal requirement to use in petrol hand tools.

The latter being the case,I wonder what the savings will be to the health services if it were law in this country,see,the arguments can go on & on,fact is its (in this country) freedom of choice,why try to influence that if you have no vested interest?:confused1::001_smile: