One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

I wonder if the cost of repair outweighs the difference in price for the Fuel though? £6 verses £18 for Aspen? I could just go out and buy a new Saw on the savings of not using Aspen. :D

Can't disagree with the sums there, but the whole thing goes much deeper than the costs of repairs or replacement.

As Steve has said, the cost of downtime can be factored in and that can far outweigh repair costs.

Then there are the health benefits to the user as well.

I realise it is difficult to understand at first, I go through this with new customers several times every day.

I convert ever so many users to Aspen and they very seldom revert to petrol, despite the cost of Aspen.

Thousands of satisfied customers cannot be wrong.

Well I for one will not be joining them. Never had an issue with regular fuel and cant see that changing in the future. I can see the health benefit when Im milling as my head is right in about the Power Head but Id sooner wear a mask than pay that day light robbery prices.

There is plenty of examples when thousands of customers have been wrong. The Fiat Multipla for one. :D

Its the same old story, and the same old answer.

There will always be operators who consider the use of Aspen and then dismiss it, which is fair enough, everybody thinks differently.

But its not fair for those who have no wish to use the product to then trivialise the product and the people who use it.

Yes, it is an expensive product, but there is no 'daylight robbery'. The production costs, packaging costs and distribution costs far exceed those of standard petrol.

Sales across the UK have rocketed over the last few years, but nobody has ever been forced to buy it!

There is, but it's the government doing it it by charging road fuel duty on it.

Still, i more than make up for it by using red diesel in my car :lol: No I don't... just joking.

Agreed, the road fuel duty is unfair and accounts for just over £0.58 per litre (roughly£3.00 on a 5l can).

It would be nice to see it removed, but I fear that there is just too much on the political agenda at present for any consideration to be given to such a minor matter in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe after Brexit???

If we got a nice hard Brexit Id happily burn Aspen in the Car. :D

Agreed, the road fuel duty is unfair and accounts for just over £0.58 per litre (roughly£3.00 on a 5l can).

It would be nice to see it removed, but I fear that there is just too much on the political agenda at present for any consideration to be given to such a minor matter in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe after Brexit???

well today in this heat my echo 2511tes running on aspen since it was new at christmas the saw would have only had about 5 litres of fuel through it was being a pig today very had to get it to start about 30 pull not joke then had idling problems would only ticky over for 30 seconds befor it run off. i only run two of my saws on aspen a 661c and the echo 2511tes, the husky 365xp and 550xp and the ms150 all started with no fuss and ran perfect on standard bp unleaded and standard oregon red two stroke