201t don't believe the negative hype!!

skyhuck

I honestly think the 201 plastics are better, much stronger around the exhaust.

The plastic bit you describe (under the brake) stops twigs going under the top handle and damaging the stop wire, the later 200's has a similar thing.

I do agree one of the faults with the 200T is the exhaust plastic! Its shocking - but everything must be allowed 1 fault :blushing: I think of it as a really attractive girl with webbed toes - yeah its a pitfall - but would you kick her out of bed?

The handle plastic on the 201 seems to fail according to users (refer to previous posts)

Fair point regarding the plastic - my 200T is an 2005 model and clearly lacks this, but I have never had a problem with sticks getting inbedded and causing problems? This pieve of plastic on the 201 deffinately seems to be failing and leaving a gaping entry hole for projectiles into the wires as you said above.

Tom

I agree, to a degree - I havent spent too much time with it so im not saying it cant be made to run perfectly, but of all the people who have had the same experience as me, one of them must of had a tinker with it - but it doesnt seem anyone has got anywhere...

Maybe a resident chainsaw buff on here should spend a few hours with it and then re-post.

Tom.

I am sure I have seen several posts on here where the 201 has been succesfully retuned.

I have only sold one so far. It was a little weak on pdi so I tuned it. The customer, who has had many 200t,s over the years and 020's before that is perfectly happy with it.

I am sure I have seen several posts on here where the 201 has been succesfully retuned.

I have only sold one so far. It was a little weak on pdi so I tuned it. The customer, who has had many 200t,s over the years and 020's before that is perfectly happy with it.

Maybe it just needs an expert tinker before leaving the shop then? I will leave that in the capable hands of arb suppliers like yourself - but it doesnt seem to be the only negative feedback.

But, after suck a successful 020 and 200 im sure Stihl will sort the teething problems and it will be a fine bit of kit.

Tom

Maybe it just needs an expert tinker before leaving the shop then? I will leave that in the capable hands of arb suppliers like yourself - but it doesnt seem to be the only negative feedback.

But, after suck a successful 020 and 200 im sure Stihl will sort the teething problems and it will be a fine bit of kit.

Tom

Yep, I would suggest that many issues can be avoided by a proper test and tach tune on PDI.

I test all my saws on a piece of cordwood round the back of my unit. I currently use a bit of 12 month felled sweet chestnut about 10". This gives a good resistance and shows up tuning issues.

Most saws will benefit from a re-tweak after a few days work, so its worth taking it back for a quick tune if not satisfied.

'I think of it as a really attractive girl with webbed toes - yeah its a pitfall - but would you kick her out of bed?'...are you from Norfolk then mate? ;)

Had a work mate with those webbed toes,I got him a pair of flip flops for christmas,his face was a picture.:biggrin:

So the 200 is on its way out. Having tick over problems and it's starting to play up at starting.

So looking at the 201 what needs to be done to it for running? I need a list that I can work through if and when I get one. Will bee looking at the husky top handle aswell if it is out yet? But that is another story.