201t don't believe the negative hype!!

skyhuck

On 4/21/2018 at 00:03, MattyF said:

I just have memories of using our 201 and it going pete tong trying to chase a cut due to it being a complete gutless piece of crap... although it’s been fitted with the upgrade kit since .. I have no faith in it at all and the saw has not been on my belt since and made it a priority to fix the 540 immediately ......

Hows the 540 going?

I used to enjoy using mine till it broke.  Been sitting in pieces ever since.  I plan to fix it and sell it eventually

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

Hows the 540 going?

I used to enjoy using mine till it broke.  Been sitting in pieces ever since.  I plan to fix it and sell it eventually

You see, this speaks volumes to me. From a highly respected freelance climber who relies on their climbing saw for a living (or did until they retired from climbing in place for a slow path to inevitable obesity).

Fast paced performance is great, but not at the expense of reliability. Learn to use the 201t and it will do the job reliably. The 200t is quicker, sure, but you just can't be sure its not going to need a trip to the saw doctor!

• Haha 1