201t don't believe the negative hype!!

skyhuck

What's this switch I keep hearing about for winter and summer running, and what does it actually so?

Its not actually a switch, but a sliding vent which allows exhaust heat to the filter housing, or not, depending on where it is manually set. Just like the reversable plate of an MS200t but posher.

I gave mine a good blast on a beech I had to thin and remove overhanging branches .

I have got to be honest it is certainly quite slow to pick up the speed compared to my other 200t It defiantly has a little less drive . Maybe I will have to get it retuned but will see how it goes

I Like the air filter and orange housing better on a 200t the orange housing on the 200t is much more robust then the new type of flimsy orange plastic they have used on the 2001 it feels like it would crack very easily compared to the 200t .defiantly will have to be more aware of it going up through the trees,

I will have a better over all picture of it as time goes on .

Right at this minute If I was buying it again today I would of gone for the 200t

Again I lv the 200t and nothing as yet has beat it on performance

Littletree :001_smile:

• 1 month later...

Hmm - the annoyance that I've had is spare parts, bought the 201 from Honeys and liked the saw, but the plastic handle cracked when put under tension from a misplaced log (LOL!) and although the saw has been out for sale since last Arb show I was told that there were no spares in the UK until beginning of March, then end of March, then beginning of April, now end of April - so my nice new £500 saw is sitting there useless... Honeys aren't keen to take one off one of their stock saws so it's just a big lump of dead money :-( I feel that given the environment these saws work in it isn't really fit for purpose unless you can get spares... Grrrrr

Hmm - the annoyance that I've had is spare parts, bought the 201 from Honeys and liked the saw, but the plastic handle cracked when put under tension from a misplaced log (LOL!) and although the saw has been out for sale since last Arb show I was told that there were no spares in the UK until beginning of March, then end of March, then beginning of April, now end of April - so my nice new £500 saw is sitting there useless... Honeys aren't keen to take one off one of their stock saws so it's just a big lump of dead money :-( I feel that given the environment these saws work in it isn't really fit for purpose unless you can get spares... Grrrrr

Thats poor service IMO, I know for a fact that my dealer would remove apart from a new saw if needs be, to keep me going.

But I have been going to my dealer for over 20 years and have a very good relationship them, obviously I don't know what sort of relationship you have with your deal.

You can't launch a new saw without spares backup- shame on stihl

I've been working with a new 201t for the last week or so after our van got broken into and our 200t robbed. It feels better in the hand and the AV is better I think....but...it does keep cutting out whilst i'm working with it. Couldn't figure it out but it's going to need a good re-tune rather than factory settings. Have been bringing in my personal 200t until we can figure out how to tune/improve/fix the new saw. I hope it's just teething problems though!