201t don't believe the negative hype!!

skyhuck

When people are having problems with the machine I wouldn't say they dont like it because they dont like change unless they mean they don't like changing to a machine that doesn't perform as good:)

I would imagine there's gonna be teething problems and in a couple year the saw will be better than its predecessor. I think I'll wait until then before I buy one.

Cheers for the info.:thumbup1:

Just interested in what gets done, for years I thought they were only checked out in the factory and the dealers didnt have to touch them.

I once had one of the lads ask me to look at a brand new 026(yes it was a few years ago!) for him that was running very badly. Checked it out and the h and l screws were something like 2 1/2 turns out, reset them and it was fine. He hadnt touched it and it was right out of the box so someone at the dealers must have had a few the night before.:laugh1:

They are checked out in the factory, and SHOULD be OK, but I am a mistrusting sort, and its my name on the sticker, so I check every machine I sell, chainsaw, mower, hedgecutter, whatever.

Seldom is much adjustment required on quality brands.

No comments on the saw being wider? or so i thought when i looked at one, to plasticy.

I talk abbout when you haven't clipped you saw to your harness and try to advance to a new position, then it gets stuck in a fork etc!! where as the husky 338xpt had a pear drop shape back end?

Thought it would have been nice to produce something not so "Square" at the back end....

No comments on the saw being wider? or so i thought when i looked at one, to plasticy.

I talk abbout when you haven't clipped you saw to your harness and try to advance to a new position, then it gets stuck in a fork etc!! where as the husky 338xpt had a pear drop shape back end?

Thought it would have been nice to produce something not so "Square" at the back end....

Aye, but how many times have you been eletricuted by a stihl? i was forever busting the plastic spark plug cover off my husky and eventuly the HT cap wears through, then when it's wet......oh ya bugger... right in the arse.:thumbdown:

I had a go of the new husky at a show last week , was impressed with the build quality and feel of the saw . Had good balance with a 14 bar , and has 3 different handle sizes to suit user , i was a medium also with a built in ring to attatch to clip on to your belt it seems the Swedes gave put a lot of thought into this saw. I have 4 tired 200's that i will use till the new saw is released , in comparison to the 201t the husky seemed a better saw.

Aye, but how many times have you been eletricuted by a stihl? i was forever busting the plastic spark plug cover off my husky and eventuly the HT cap wears through, then when it's wet......oh ya bugger... right in the arse.:thumbdown:

Lol haha :D

I've never used a husky 338xpt but was just comenting on shape :D

I've seen one and heard it, it sounded a little micky mouse though

I bought a 201t at last years arb show! Even it was a fail when Stihl demonstrates it I still thought I'd give one a go! At 1st was unsure now having it 6 months I come to the fact I prefer it to the old o20s, I had a few problems with the pick up! Rang buxtons up they had it bk tweeted it! Now it runs bob on! As its a new saw there bound to b ups and downs but as buxtons said you can take them back to get the carb tweeted and Stihl say it should run better then the old o20 witch I now find it does!

treerex. No comp imo between the husky top handle & the stihl (top end saws is another topic).

But husky have alot of ground to cover after their other attempts & they also need some dealers in the uk that are easy to access for spares & repairs (at least in the s,e of uk from my net)