201t don't believe the negative hype!!

skyhuck

2 colleagues of mine have just bought 201ts this last week, from 2different suppliers, and the feedback is so negative I can't ŵrite it here. I heard one running, and to me it sounded stifled, lacking a snappy pick up on the throttle response. His immediate advice to me was that if I hadn't bought one already, then don't get one. Both operators have many years of experience in this job, and are not novices.

I'm starting to wonder if there are some Chines copies being sold to some :sneaky2:

Dick has sold plenty and only had one back and that was a faulty plug, they changed the plug and it was sorted.

Many of his customers are from Lancashire and Yorkshire, so if they were not happy with the saw they would not be slow to let him know :biggrin:

Dick Leigh is very,very well respected for his abilities to set up, tune and repair saws, I know of people who send their saws 400miles for Dick to service them.

So maybe his guys just set them up real well.

Maybe the dealerships need advice in setting up these new dangled chainsaw gizmos, do Stihl run a refresher for their dealers to update their skills and knowledge of newer products? My son is a Honda mechanic, and he is always going on refresher training and updates to keep up with their new products, after all what's the use of churning out new machines to the public, and yet the dealers have no idea on how to set them up? I'm sure it must be something along these lines if one dealer turns out a good saw, yet others can't.

Edited by Andy Collins

Bought a 201t on Wednesday after work. Ran a tank through on tick over before a bit of light use in a tree on Thursday as most of the work required 065, but used it yesterday proper & found it picks up well, handles great & doesn't lack in power on full bar length pieces.

It is only however first day of use, but impressed so far.

I am wondering though if the white plastic insert in the H tuning screw is just an insert, or do I need another tool to tune in the future if needed? Dose anyone know of this as I don't want to go around prodding, pocking & generally tacking her to bits just yet (even though the temptation is great coz I like to do that sort of thing)

I'm starting to wonder if there are some Chines copies being sold to some :sneaky2:

Dick has sold plenty and only had one back and that was a faulty plug, they changed the plug and it was sorted.

Many of his customers are from Lancashire and Yorkshire, so if they were not happy with the saw they would not be slow to let him know :biggrin:

Dick Leigh is very,very well respected for his abilities to set up, tune and repair saws, I know of people who send their saws 400miles for Dick to service them.

So maybe his guys just set them up real well.

Agree with Skyhuck here, Dick Leigh is a top man!

Do you think that the saw will be a pain for getting stuck in forks etc as its got fatter at the back end and the shape doesn't seem to slope so to speak....?

As with all new 2stroke engines they need to be run in, nice and light to start with for the first tank, always been taught to do it and always will, parts need to be allowed to settle in the engine and rings need a bit of wearing in.

Wounder if the problem saws have had this done or been revved the nuts off straight into big timber?

Used a choice of 2 201t's for 6 months untill the end of last year then brought a new 200t, 200t is awesome straight out of the box, used another 201t again this week once and shuddered.

Id like to try a 201 again, but tacho tuned after its run in.

Then again the husky could be worth waiting for