GOOD gloves?

YoGi_93

So after taking a patch of skin off chipping and slicing into my finger with a silky ive decided to fork out for some very good gloves. Not the plastic looking bulk buy stuff that we have at the yard. So im after gloves that are good for handling hawthorn and spikey stuff, have good grip for climbing, lessen the grunt from scrapes and cuts and are comfortable enough to not bother me. Is there such a thing? :) cheers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after taking a patch of skin off chipping and slicing into my finger with a silky ive decided to fork out for some very good gloves. Not the plastic looking bulk buy stuff that we have at the yard. So im after gloves that are [b]good for handling hawthorn and spikey stuff, have good grip for climbing,[/b] lessen the grunt from scrapes and cuts and are comfortable enough to not bother me. Is there such a thing? :) cheers

Not found any yet.

I've been trying different gloves recently.

The best by a country mile are sold by Treeworker. They're called Treeclimber Dark Gloves. They're very comfy, excellent in wet and dry, £5 and are lasting longer than all the others I've tried.

If you're loving the Treeclimber Dark Gloves, I'd stick with them for climbing and get yourself some welders gauntlets if you're chipping thorn quite often. I used to do a bit on the railways, so plenty of thorn, and these were the best by far.

They'll last you a while, they're cheap as chips (on ebay), and you can chip razor wire with em and not get hurt!

Doubt you'll find one glove that'll give you the dexterity needed for climbing and the protection needed for heavy chipping sessions.

Hope this helps! :thumbup1:

i might get several pairs yeah. Ill look at the tree climber ones, are they really thin or will they protect reasonably against some stuff in the tree?

Are rigging gloves thick? Would they protect against sharp stuff just as good as suede gloves? I saw the winter rigging gloves on treeworker and thought hmmmmmm :001_smile:

Seconded, welders guantlets are the business for chipping anything spiky and thorn they stop the spikes in there tracks I use them all the time for chipping .

For very cold and wet weather for grounding I use thick blue rubber gloves called Showa gloves I put a very thin pair of gloves underneath I have poor circulation to my hands and feet so these work wonders when it's wet and cold they have good grip too.

When it's dry for climbing I use a brown mock leather type glove I don't know what these are called as only can get these off one company I sometimes work for but have never found them online or in the shops I find these really good but not if it's wet .

All the best littletree:thumbup: