Stolen kit Huddersfield

Andy Collins

if they get them started at least we stand a better chance of hearing them:sneaky2:

as i said earlier if you need to borrow any orange or unported 200t at the mo i have some

but who knows whats coming round the corner

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to hear about this pete, i know how you feel. The little b******s should be tied up against dean's container, a hose put on them to soak them a bit and then turn the power on. they might learn not to mess with a tree surgeons gear again.

(Quote madmatt) As Andy says everything has to be so secure these days its unreal, it takes me twenty mins to get the security devices unlocked and get our ifor hitched up, but they have never got away with and they have tried!:scared1:

Been thinking about this today.I can spend a good hour each day fighting with muddy padlocks & chains and loading/unloading kit.It's costing me money that I could use for other things such as paying the increasing insurance premiums.:mad1:

Just about the only thing that I have any control over is the buying of my kit.I am certain that none of mine is stolen.Buying from good sources is not cheap but at least it is at my cost not some other poor sods.

Hope you get your kit back Pete,and would like to think that the mods. would encourage the police to prosecute.

Edited by Canal Navvy
Lack of attribution

As has been said time and time again, log your serial nos down, this info can then be passed on to the police sawshops, and on here. Ok, so the crims may not get caught for this crime right away, but it helps the police to profile and bust them much later on. When I went to the police station to ID some kit, there was soooo much stuff unclaimed cos people had no serial nos to prove it was theirs!! If they file off the serial nos, the police know its stolen too.

Also one tip is to photograph all your equipment with your drive, garage or truck in the background.

The first thing the insurance companies do is ask you for receipts or user manuals to prove you owned what you are claiming and who keeps manuals and receipts ???

Anyone who answers they keep manuals is a saddo :001_tongue:

i must be a saddo then, i keep all my manuals and reciept, had the loss adjuster today and guess what, there doing there best to get out of paying me, a clause says buisness tools are office equiptment, pc, laptop etc..........Never felt so low in years....:sad:

Also one tip is to photograph all your equipment with your drive, garage or truck in the background.

The first thing the insurance companies do is ask you for receipts or user manuals to prove you owned what you are claiming and who keeps manuals and receipts ???

Anyone who answers they keep manuals is a saddo :001_tongue:

:confused1:How do you offset your saws against your tax ?, if you don't keep your receipts, Dean? :confused1: