REF what the price of hard wood cord now thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you buy it at that? Prices seem to be creeping up all over and its been a warm, wet winter. Still not had to pay that price roadside.

Sadly I did although I have paid £52 delivered for other stuff but only when i get really desperate. looking to try and get a decent summer clearing up windblow on the estate plenty of oaks been blown in the last year. I did a test weigh with bakers mesh bags 90x90 on the beech came in at 483kg which was higher than I was hoping for.

Edited by Logsnstuff

• 3 weeks later...

Today i had a meeting with till hill with CPL they are paying £68 per tonne standing, not delivered in (i let you work the maths out) this will make people think about firewood soon it will be cheaper to turn the gas on..!!

i have been in firewood industry for 25 years back them i was buy in at £25 per cord "good old days"

I brought 2500 tons hardwood for next year i paid £62 delivered In and 1500 tonnes softwood (over sized) at £55 per tonne delivered.:thumbdown:

i read that some firewood merchants are selling it for £80 1cm3 if they are they are only making less that £10 profit after processing costs. (pending on the costings of they firewood) in the South of England

i sell 0.7cm3 £90 1.cm2 £115. i have an Excel costings sheet if any one like a copy so you know your costings.

thanks

Today i had a meeting with till hill with CPL they are paying £68 per tonne standing, not delivered in (i let you work the maths out) this will make people think about firewood soon it will be cheaper to turn the gas on..!!

i have been in firewood industry for 25 years back them i was buy in at £25 per cord "good old days"

I brought 2500 tons hardwood for next year i paid £62 delivered In and 1500 tonnes softwood (over sized) at £55 per tonne delivered.:thumbdown:

i read that some firewood merchants are selling it for £80 1cm3 if they are they are only making less that £10 profit after processing costs. (pending on the costings of they firewood) in the South of England

i sell 0.7cm3 £90 1.cm2 £115. i have an Excel costings sheet if any one like a copy so you know your costings.

thanks

HI MATE yes i was talking to euroforesrty on this some chaps paying £45/55 a ton standing owell thanks jon :thumbup:

thanks

HI MATE yes i was talking to euroforesrty on this some chaps paying £45/55 a ton standing owell thanks jon :thumbup:

I find it hard to believe this tbh. I recently bought some processor birch and holm oak for under £20/ton standing...

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I am cutting down a 100% Ash hedge, roughly 6" to 24" and pretty straight so mostly good for log processor? I am keeping all the limbs for my own logs, but I am looking for ballpark figures on what I should be asking for the trunks/big limbs, preferably collected per cu m.

Thanks in advance.