REF what the price of hard wood cord now thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North Scotland, I still don't imagine seeing a huge profit on the bigger stuff. takes a lot of time/hard work breaking it down

HI 764 i do not see any profit it that too in north scotland as the haulage :001_rolleyes:may kill it :lol:so buy that im out of the that deal thanks 764 JON :thumbup:

Some people are giving cord away over in East Anglia mate. Then they send two blokes in the next day to process it for ya. The two blokes work for now't and the processor, tractor never need any money spent on them!

So I reckon that logs should be as cheap as chips.

What do you think mate?

:laugh1:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi Jon at this years prices this will be my last year buying timber in for logs ....Gas has now got to be cheaper round my way people complain at £85 a cube cut an split, no money in it. Will earn more going to work on a weekend instead of doing logs.

Cheers Matty :001_cool:

Have a look here:

Energy Cost Comparison | Nottingham Energy Partnership

This shows logs as a fuel as just cheaper than gas per kwh but with a fraction of the greenhouse emissions which keeps the lady of the house happy.

Buying hard cord in at commercial rates then £85 a cube is not making money especially if that includes VAT. If you are selling timber from arb jobs that you have acquired free or for low cost then of course thats different.

Demand for logs is only going to increase in the short/medium term, gas supplies are a bit iffy, we can only now store 7 days worth of gas, we import slightly over 50% of our gas needs usually from the Soviet block. Nuclear power stations coming off line means that my winter 2016 we will have a potential electricity shortfall, demand being more than we are able to supply unless we are able to buy from abroad.

People wish to be independent from relying on these major foreign owned energy firms, hence the demand for stoves.

My logs can stay in the shed at 100 + vat let alone 85 including. Cost of delivering say 10 miles away is £1.50 a mile each way, so £30, + your time + trailer maintenance costs. If you dont have at least £60 on top of your costs you are loosing money if you are delivering the products.

A