Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

On 13/01/2023 at 08:52, Big J said:

Haha!

It's a combination of fairly modest rainfall combined with lots of snow melt. What the Swedes here regard as very wet weather/ground would be regarded as quite reasonable conditions anywhere on the British west coast!

Do the Swedes say you are a typical Brit as you like to talk about the weather?!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I’ve always wanted a go on one of those!!!

It's quite straightforward. Quite a few controls to remember, but seemed very stable and secure and drove up a 1 in 3 slope whilst grooming the snow with no problems.

As ever, the wonderfully chilled nature of the Swedes was present. The chap driving is someone I've not met before, so I introduced myself, jumped in the passenger seat and within ten minutes I was driving. It was the same with the snowmobile too.

I think I mentioned before, but the whole operation is run by volunteers. Not one person takes a salary. It's largely self funding, but there is some support from the kommun (council) for the electricity costs for the snow creation. I'd say that 2 out of 3 skiers there are kids, which is I think why so many of the parents help out with the lifts, snow creation, equipment hire and other duties.

• Like 3

This post goes out to the creator of this thread.Mendiplogs loved a good weather report.Shout out to John wherever you are...Today's weather is the same as it has been for the last few weeks.We have had continuous storm warnings and a lot of flooding especially around the Montecito area further along the highway.Roads have collapsed and there have been boulders tumbling down the mountains along with the usual landslides which bring down Trees into the once dried up rivers.Thankfully we have had the worst,and have warmer drier weather to look forward to🙂

20230109_135944.jpg

• Like 3