Whats the weather like near you?

mendiplogs

6 minutes ago, htb said:

@trigger_andy have you weathered the floods near you OK?

The South Esk the flooded Brechin runs about 1/2 a mile south of my house about 1/2 a mile to the North it passes Justinhaugh. It must have been something else to have seen the river burst its banks so badly. Just past Justinhaugh is Finavon and the A90 crosses the South Esk there. The A90 is still not open due to the bridge being weakened. So gridlocked traffic in Forfar and a huge amount of traffic piling past me on the B957.  We lost power but apart from that it was quite uneventful for us.

These Pics are from Justinhaugh.

Marykirk had it bad and the road will most likely be closed for a good while. The Aberlemno road is still closed too. IMG_3310.thumb.jpeg.2cc22cc4448b00bf73602efc13988d30.jpeg

A mate owns a section/bank of the South Esk, I’ll be over there tomorrow and see what the damage is IMG_3340.thumb.jpeg.f146f733f1346b4dc3fb62aeaedab486.jpegIMG_3341.thumb.jpeg.b5b667452fd48a0aa5e112707e2fecf4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 22/10/2023 at 09:57, eggsarascal said:

Absolutely glorious first thing, went down the cut to get some proper breakfast, a steam powered narrowboat came through, guess who didn’t have his phone with him. The Staffordshire Oatcakes with bacon cheese and mushrooms went down well.

F5BB921A-C217-41D6-A433-A5036756B6E3.jpeg

33F3A021-F108-4759-90E9-8B266CDDDB81.jpeg

Sent the picture of the mostly eaten Oatcake to a mate of mine from Stoke who know lives in Oz.., his reply, that’s a small bite!, my reply, nah mate, I hadn’t got me false tooth in.

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Just looked at the forecast and it is going to start raining at about 02:00 am and continue till dooms day it seems .  

What forecast are you using? Doesn’t look too bad to me, a few mm overnight but then we’ve had that the last few nights also. 

15 hours ago, doobin said:

What forecast are you using? Doesn’t look too bad to me, a few mm overnight but then we’ve had that the last few nights also. 

The one on my pc Ruben . Its set to cover Lavant ( obviously ) Its on the bottem right  of the task bar . I think its a microsoft weather app . 

Edited by Stubby

7 hours ago, doobin said:

Fair play- it’s certainly as dark as satans arsehole this morning!

Well . I have just walked all over Harting down with the dog in glorious sunshine albeit a bit " watery " at times . Got quite warm on the up hill bits . Just got back to Lavant and it black as your hat ( or even satans A hole 😁) and a piss down looks imminent . Re visited the weather app and they have amended it from last night to pissing down about 16:00 and on through the night . Next week looks pants as well .  

Edit . It was a thunder storm over little Lavant . 

Edited by Stubby