Careless mistake ( pictures)

Stephen Blair

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting corners today, tried to catch a branch but went wrong and got half of my hand jammed and half decided to move.

Got out of surgery 2 hrs ago, on morphine and have to go back into theatre on Thursday for internal stitching.

Luckily no bones or tendon damage.

I have ripped my fingers apart approx 3"s right through.

Take care guys,

Paper cut that is!!!!

I was just putting up some bunting for bday party, and pricked myself with a drawing pin, I suggest you man up kid.

Id be well annoyed with myself for that occurance of events.

Hope all goes well in theatre, This time next year it will all be ''Its behind you!!!'' Steven Blair hurt his finger audience..... Ahhhhhhhhh!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hey thats a thought we may be able to catch up on post count now if you can only type one handed.... you would probably still beat some of us up a tree though lol.

With bigger cuts there is no pain for the first half hour usually, I think thats because the cut is under the nerve line, but after half an hour it starts throbbing like hell and goes really stiff to move.

I remember a few years back, I was chockering on my own on a saturday morning on a hillside, when one of the trees rolled down a bit as i was putting the chain around it, unbeknown to me there was some sharp pointy branches on the underside of the tree, so whaen it started rolling it caught the back of my left thigh and gouged a 4inch long x 3inch deep cut, didn't feel a thing untill i noticed some blood on the boots, and some wind blowing on the bare skin through the torn trousers.

Had a look "christ" lets get from here I told myself. Well the drive home took me ages, stuck behind caravans and lorrys going about 35mph, with the pain now reaching horrible levels, the worst part was pressing the clutch down to change gear, severe pain doing that, looking down to see blood soaked seat didn't do nothing for my nausia either.

Got to the hospital and sewn be back up under local anasthetic, had to take a month off because the cut was horizontal not vertical, which meant walking and straightening my leg was very sore.

Hope you make a full and speady recovery....You'll be ok.