Was he right???

skyhuck

Tis a dammn pity everything is now filmed

And there-in lies the problem... you tube, social networks and the media analyse everything to death.

Something which should have been forgotten about the second the train door shut is being raked over ad-nauseam... and the bloke who stepped in is bound to be the one who gets the thin end of it all.

I don't agree with people getting away with things and I do agree with people stepping in to help, I would, but I wouldn't be able to use physical means to try to resolve the situation...

What I disagree with is that this was the best solution to the problem, not because some little scrote got roughed up a bit, but because the bloke who tried to do something public spirited will now likely get hauled into a police station for it... There were other ways to sort this kid out without the big guy leaving himself open to a trumped up assault charge....

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trial by YouTube.... this is something I personally don't like. I think the correct thing was for the cameraman was to pass the video on to the Transport Police / train operator rather than putting it into the public domain.

If my understanding of the law / regulations is correct then the passenger is responsible for ensuring that they have a valid ticket for travel prior to boarding the train. The onus is on the passenger to prove they have got a valid ticket, rather than the train operator that they haven't.

With hindsight (a wonderful thing) I think that the Conductor (Revenue Protection Officer, or whatever they are currently called) should have arranged for the Transport Police to meet the train at the next station. He could have then let them on whilst keeping the rest of the train secure. I have seen this happen and it was a very slick operation.

If you don't want assaulting, don't ask for it. He shouldn't have been mouthing it to an "Elderly" conductor who couldn't have done anything.

It is because people don't get involved that things have got out of hand.

I personally would have liked to see him screaming for mercy with the big bloke sat on top of him giving chinese wrist burns till he cried like a baby.

If anyone is to blame it is society as a whole for "not getting involved"

I personally would have liked to have taken him round the corner and give him an hiding but that wouldn't be acceptable to all you do gooders now would it ?

Sent from my iPhone cos it was

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

I agree he Should not have to resort to these tactics but what sort of world are we living in if we daren't intervene

Where do we draw the line .Would you intervene if it was something simple like this

Would tyou intervene if it was a mugging a rape or murder

I think I was supposed to live in a time long gone

old ticket man and a young git being cocky. me i would have given him a slap. the country needs more people like that man to stand up for whats right .and for the people saying would you do the same if the bloke was bigger my answer is yes.... wrong is wrong right is right and if you disagree then your just a coward in my eyes. i hope that git got a dig when the train left:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: