Cleaning karbiners/flip line

cerneARB

I must be the only one who doesnt bother to clean my kit :blushing:

The only time ive ever washed a rope was when it was covered in dog s***, I was tempted to incinerate it tbh :001_smile:

Dirt adds character :001_tongue:

im with you there. although i promise next time i send a dirty wet old rope to jamie i'llwash it first!:001_smile:

boiling hot soapy water always gets the **** out of beaners,rinse a few times wit hot water and leave to dry.done

Plus good dollop of graphite powder crammed into the sleeve and around the hinge and springs of the Karabiner makes them work like silk! because the graphite is dry it doesn't attract dirt and they stay smooth for ages too!

hot soapy water is the way to clean em then rinse em

then they should be lubricated either with gt 80 silicon spray or my favorite graphite as like other have said it does not attract the dirt

folk that do not ever clean there kit are either very lucky or climbing on sticky or potentially sticking crabs and surely 15 mins every now and again is responsible climbing

i do loler check and it has never happened that a full set of uncleaned crabs have passed without a wash and lube

one guy that comes on here had 8 crabs 4 thrown in the bottom of his bag they all passed and 4 on his kit in everyday use they all needed cleaning and lubing before passing as they were all sticking or not springing shut properly

imo if they are sticking there is no point throwing some lube on without cleaning the crap out first

On another angle a friend of mine repairs watches and uses a ultra sonic cleaning machines for cleaning watch components. You may think that these are expensive but £30 can buy you one :

http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/items/item.aspx?itemid=4511952&utm_source=baseuk&utm_medium=shopping&CAWELAID=190622184

I have brought back to life many krabs that were full of all sorts of grime. I filled the ultra sonic cleaner with hot soapy water and put the machine on for a few cycles. This really does dislodge all sort of muck deep within the twist locks. When dry a little bit of lube and they really are like new.

Cheers steve