Who's cut themselves climbing!

Dak

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your climbing line should NEVER be used as anything other than designed, and should alsio at all times be in a direct line below you for rapid descent in case of emergency:sneaky2:

but a rope is designed to take weight right? when i lower with my line its stuff that is alot lighter than me.

chainsaw cut to my left wrist, through my own stupidity and fustration with clematis. Managed to get myself out of the tree, lads on the ground patched me up and took me to a+e. Quite a few silky cuts though! Bloomin things are lethal! I think they are programmed to be attracted to thumbs!

Nicked the base of my thumb last year with a running down 200 when a thin branch snapped on a skinny Willow. Lucky. No stitches and no tendon damage.

Came out one-handed trying not to get blood everywhere.

Like Woody1 I was rushing. The dog in the picture was little Hennie, circling like a shark licking up the blood!

Complacency had kicked in for me, and this was a great wake-up call.

Few bites from Silkys, none needing stitches, and none since I started treating them with the respect they deserve.

IMG_0342.jpg.9e15961ba33e25efcb3e82d5f306ebbd.jpg

but a rope is designed to take weight right? when i lower with my line its stuff that is alot lighter than me.

what if you cut your self while doing this operation? what if it fouls up on lower branches and you cant get low enough to free it because your ropes used up?

it isnt worth it.