What's on your bench today?

spudulike

13 hours ago, Khriss said:

Took seat box and floor out on my SII , poked engine crane in thru door, still took over a day , but later models maybe different, K

Much the same just bigger and heavier

5 hours ago, lurkalot said:

Not for porting, surely?

No, it has a sheared shaft and needs replacing. Also been working on my Mordaunt Short Sub today, bloody thing keeps farting and popping with no input going in. Found a wire that had sheared on the PCB and now sounds like it should with no pops. Will set up on a bit or ACDC live tonight and see how it goes.....neighbours should enjoy it:scared1:

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

No, it has a sheared shaft and needs replacing. Also been working on my Mordaunt Short Sub today, bloody thing keeps farting and popping with no input going in. Found a wire that had sheared on the PCB and now sounds like it should with no pops. Will set up on a bit or ACDC live tonight and see how it goes.....neighbours should enjoy it:scared1:

Those shafts are nice to do when they get stuck solid, lol..  Has it got the new type head on it?

AC-DC now you're talking, can't beat it.  :)

21 hours ago, lurkalot said:

Those shafts are nice to do when they get stuck solid, lol..  Has it got the new type head on it?

AC-DC now you're talking, can't beat it.  :)

New type head? Is that the plastic trimmer attachment that you are not supposed to use on these poles? It has been used with a trimmer attachment but came with the cutter attachment

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

New type head? Is that the plastic trimmer attachment that you are not supposed to use on these poles? It has been used with a trimmer attachment but came with the cutter attachment

Sorry, I thought you were referring to a telescopic pole saw. 

It IS a telescopic pole saw and many use hedge trimmer heads on them but the manufacturer says you shouldn't - it does give a real advantage to trimming tall hedges but the construction is a bit fragile for this.

It has one of the aluminium alloy pruning saw heads on it.

Think we have been going round in circles!

30 minutes ago, spudulike said:

It has one of the aluminium alloy pruning saw heads on it.

Thanks, it threw me a bit when you mentioned the trimmer and cutter attachments that's all.  We're good now.  I was curious if it was one of the original pruner heads, or the new type.