What's on your bench today?

spudulike

fun build from Hutzl , 60% discount and some shipping costs etc , but is a good thing actually ,see how it goes , 52 MM  BB cyl kit for £20 ,  some minor things tweeked but nothing really , have caber rings for it as i,m not too happy with the chinese ones , some are ok and others have had issues form other builders  but see how it goes ? 

IMG_8608.JPG

IMG_8609.JPG

IMG_8610.JPG

IMG_8739.JPG

IMG_8615.JPG

10 hours ago, peatff said:

What is it a copy of, 372 or something ?

yip copy of the old 372 xp , lots of them have been done , the old hutzl ones a few years ago  had a few issues but these have been improved a lot ,  but still a tiny niggle here and there , like a o ring missing on clutch side  behind oil pumpon crank , not enough squish on cylinder , intake boot is a tad too long so tough to fit in the seperator , but mine was fine ,has possibly not the best  main bearings but are steel cage  but are better than older hutzl ones  that had issues , maybe the crank seals are not the best but some have been fine  , so i,m building it right out of the box to test it out to see any issues  look on Afleetcommand on utube  or Mattyo also they build them , lots of vids on utube of them used and abused , seems ok for a laugh , but its actually pretty good so far assembly  and fun to build 

We're did you order the kit from? I watched a number of the videos you mentioned a while back and have been tempted to order a kit, just for something to do as much as anything.

Are you going to pressure and vacuum test it etc?

I had one of these 372 copies in once. The thing looked familiar and I sort of felt at home when taking apart but had that feeling in the guts that something wasn't quite right. The main bearings had cracks in the housing all round the bearings and the rubber parts were a bit suspect.

I think that in the hands of a weekend warrior, the saw would be fine but would give it a week in the hands of a forestry dude before it would break! 

• Haha 1

Cool, thanks. Have subscribed to their mailing list, just in case the mood takes me. The alternative is to get another cheap, tired genuine 372 and rebuild, sadly they make silly money on eBay, I asked in my local chainsaw place but that was a no go.

Picked up a 550 and a 562 while I was there and was really impressed with the size and feel.

Cool, thanks. Have subscribed to their mailing list, just in case the mood takes me. The alternative is to get another cheap, tired genuine 372 and rebuild, sadly they make silly money on eBay, I asked in my local chainsaw place but that was a no go.

Picked up a 550 and a 562 while I was there and was really impressed with the size and feel.
Get a cheap 365 and pop a big bore kit on it. Can be got for 200quid from time to time

11 hours ago, Toad said:

We're did you order the kit from? I watched a number of the videos you mentioned a while back and have been tempted to order a kit, just for something to do as much as anything.

Are you going to pressure and vacuum test it etc?

i will do the pressure and vac test as i have the tool to do it  but the cylinder will be decked 30thou and a little tweek here and there  so thats not done yet , i,m away from home now so have to get it done when home again ,

google hutzl.net   https://www.huztl.net 

and you will get it easy , it was about  £100 with the 60% discount , with shipping its about 160 i think  , i just looked it up and its now £126 but discount comes and goes regular 

i did get other stuff like the BB kit and some other spare parts so its the weight all in  so will be around that  just  with the kit

Edited by huskywilson

• 1 month later...