What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Finished it this afternoon- done the muffler too. Will split that & port it later this week.

Will attack the pot with a dremel whilst it's off. Not in a measured Spud way - more crazed tree monkey style :lol:

[ATTACH]199137[/ATTACH][ATTACH]199138[/ATTACH][ATTACH]199139[/ATTACH][ATTACH]199140[/ATTACH]

You would be a good dental hygienist.

You would be a good dental hygienist.

Agreed. I only went once at dentist recommendation. Cost me receding gums and enamel across 4 teeth.

I'll dremell myself before that happens again. At least I can feel the demolition work going on.

It shows the skill of the porting dudes.

My hygienist would of converted it into a Wankel engine!

Had Husqvarna 3120xp out yesterday ran fine to start with then will cutting up a large beech trunk suddenly stopped when i pulled out of cut and would not start. Got home and tried it and it started and ran fine. But back at job this morning seamed easier to pull but ran fine but lacked power when cutting.

So is it possible its got a problem with 1 of the piston rings or something else.

Had Husqvarna 3120xp out yesterday ran fine to start with then will cutting up a large beech trunk suddenly stopped when i pulled out of cut and would not start. Got home and tried it and it started and ran fine. But back at job this morning seamed easier to pull but ran fine but lacked power when cutting.

So is it possible its got a problem with 1 of the piston rings or something else.

These big saws can nip up slightly and then the rings can free making some compression but when they run over the small aluminium transfer deposit on the cylinder, compression drops and knocks the performance.

Best to stop using it as in extreme cases, the aluminium transfer is scrapped off and can end up I the main bearings knocking them out.

These saws have a one way valve in the crank that expels petrol/oil vapour on the clutch needle bearing but if it fails on vacuum, could cause issues.

I would pressure and vac check it plus check over the fuel system to make sure all is good if it has lightly seized and new parts are fitted!

Weird thing happened today, took my 05 ms260 out to use for a job. Never had any problems with it. Wouldn't start. Stunk of fuel and swapped plugs still nothing.

Got it home checked spark, lovely, popped some carb cleaner in intake and pulled, still nothing.

Whipped exhaust off fearing the worst. Clean as a whistle on the bore and piston. Lots of fuel in the exhaust though, I reset the carb screws and pulled it fired first time. Any ideas? So Confused!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk