What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Had it plugged in at the dealers , saw was confused!! Massively over fuelling ....but that could of been a number of things ie the port work, have changed a few bits around the carb as was concerned about air leaks it could do with a new boot really as well, on inspection it looks ok but there could be an air leak still there , saws still running and absolutely mental although sporadically over idles I'm just not using it for heavy ringing up like over 10 litres of fuel a day jobs like I did with my standard 560 last week and it seems good.

With the damage that the saw had it is a good testimony it is actually running let alone with good speed.

The porting and muffler mod will increase flow and the increase in fuel will pull more fuel up from the carb - same way the choke works by building pressure in the carb bore.

If you were still local I could reset the carb and load the latest firmware but hey ho:thumbdown: It may be worth your local dealer doing a master reset on it to let it recallibrte again!

Has your 540 landed yet?

It has mate and its looking good.

The guy reset it for me and rang the saw up after it was plugged in and handed it back with s smile on his face! I just like to save it for special occasions lol.

Glad you have found someone else to torment:lol: I think they still need a carver at the Country Show:sneaky2::lol:

Can't have cost much, you're talking about a bloke who wouldn't spend money on a splined screwdriver for carb adjusters here :lol:

You have to speculate to accumulate and anyway, I got a set now - just thought £30 for a single screwdriver was a rip off - got a set, including the Pac Man one......Oooooooooeeeeee:001_tt2:

I said a while ago that it is strange when you seem to get a number of the same saws in to fix. Just had another T540XP in which was playing up a bit. The chain had come off and taken out the crankcase so was replaced under warranty but the saw hadn't been too good since.

The software had said possible seize on error code 017 but I now think this may be down to the original failure as I have found a bad air-leak on the flywheel side as per the bubbly around the seal. Felt tip pens really do make superb bungs for the manifolds:lol:

All I can imagine is that the seals were put in by the repairing dealer and one had cracked on insertion as it hasn't had much use. These seals are exactly the same as the MS200 and are very fragile.

The software did show the carb set to a very rich mix, obviously compensating for the air leak and it has saved the machine from a bad seize. The piston was in great shape and once the saw is rebuilt, will reset the fuel back to factory so it can be run and reset again.

IMG_0207.jpg.703ea28deb5c11e5305e8a3255fcf547.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg.5b5312f612f127f7ee42626e51e88f4d.jpg