What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Buy a Windows licence Spud, you cheapskate!!

:lol:

Seals and bearings in a 345.

Reassembled and just would not run, or at least would do but raced and died like it had an air-leak. It definitely didn't as I'd just fixed one and used plenty of liquid gasket when reassembling.

Swearing ensued. Just about to give up as nearing the not-viable stage in terms of time vs saw value when I realised I had forgotten to attach the impulse line.

Doh. Runs fine now.

:blushing:

Stihl 023 with wrecked pot/piston due to straight fuel. Hate this design. Stupid fiddly saw.

:thumbdown:

Jonsered 2152 straight fueled. Cylinder saved, new piston, runs very well. Like the 353/2152 for some reason. I know it's slower than the 2153/346...

:001_smile:

Buy a Windows licence Spud, you cheapskate!!

:lol:

Seals and bearings in a 345.

Reassembled and just would not run, or at least would do but raced and died like it had an air-leak. It definitely didn't as I'd just fixed one and used plenty of liquid gasket when reassembling.

Swearing ensued. Just about to give up as nearing the not-viable stage in terms of time vs saw value when I realised I had forgotten to attach the impulse line.

Doh. Runs fine now.

:blushing:

Stihl 023 with wrecked pot/piston due to straight fuel. Hate this design. Stupid fiddly saw.

:thumbdown:

Jonsered 2152 straight fueled. Cylinder saved, new piston, runs very well. Like the 353/2152 for some reason. I know it's slower than the 2153/346...

:001_smile:

Mmmm - it is a full genuine version of Windows 7 but for some reason it thinks it is not - bloody Microsoft:001_rolleyes: been like it since the laptop failed and needed reloading - will have to sort it out!

Know what you mean about 023s, not quite as bad as the 039 though!

Been a long while since I've posted actual repairs on here, but today's list makes up for that:

5 ms200t's, retuned, one had a new kill wire, one a new carburettor, 365 to retune, ms260 repaired, just waiting on some small parts, brushcutter with a sheared handle bolt. Used a drill to push the sheared screw deeper into the threaded plug so it could be removed and the bolt removed from the underside. 346 in need of new fuel lines and carb kit. Couple of shagged 261's where bearings have eaten the clutch side crankshafts.

Another interesting one, 346XP, fell out of a tree and it was also in for porting.

The impact of the fall had knocked the throttle rod out of the rear handle so it revved like a banshee when I fired it up:thumbdown:

The lower clutch side AV movement limiter was also sheared so set about fabricating an aluminium plate to repair it as if left, the top AV will get distorted in a very short time. This would be significantly cheaper than using new crankcases.

After shaping, drilling and tapping it, I drilled the lower crank case, tapped the holes and used a little JB weld and a couple of recessed countersunk bolts to hold it in place.

Finished.jpg.bda0a84611bb6368bce3db781526833b.jpg

59766de5d156f_FittedBracket.jpg.23bca7a19a3af1e7a2a8aa93404b52a6.jpg

59766de5cfa82_NewBracket.jpg.2da8c7f3d939c54fa715ddb4726eff0f.jpg

59766de5cdc0b_346XPbustedAV.jpg.c11b980c1cde5dae846feb0ddba62012.jpg

Another interesting one, 346XP, fell out of a tree and it was also in for porting.

The impact of the fall had knocked the throttle rod out of the rear handle so it revved like a banshee when I fired it up:thumbdown:

The lower clutch side AV movement limiter was also sheared so set about fabricating an aluminium plate to repair it as if left, the top AV will get distorted in a very short time. This would be significantly cheaper than using new crankcases.

After shaping, drilling and tapping it, I drilled the lower crank case, tapped the holes and used a little JB weld and a couple of recessed countersunk bolts to hold it in place.

Neat:thumbup1:

That will be concentrated HCL (Hydrochloric) Acid, the gas will be Chlorine - if you sniff it up, it will reform in to acid in your lungs and rot them out.

The stuff in brick cleaner is around 15% HCL!

The gas will be hydrogen chloride, not chlorine. If it was was chlorine there would be a lot more dead people about.

The gas will be hydrogen chloride, not chlorine. If it was was chlorine there would be a lot more dead people about.

Hydrogen gas! Hydrogen chloride is what hydrochloric acid is! The chlorine reacts with metal to form (in the case of transfer on the cylinder) aluminium chloride!

Hydrogen gas! Hydrogen chloride is what hydrochloric acid is! The chlorine reacts with metal to form (in the case of transfer on the cylinder) aluminium chloride!

Hydrochloric acid is indeed a solution of Hydrogen Chloride in water. In a similar way Sodium Chloride is what you put on your chips yet Sodium is not something to mess with. I repeat my earlier comment, in that HCL DOES NOT give off Chlorine gas.