What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Been back on the MS200Ts, had a couple of saws in, both as dirty as each other, refurbed both of them and below are the images of one and another once done.

One had a stripped spark plug thread so put in a solid insert. The important bit is getting the thread in straight, making sure it is well formed so the insert doesn't go anywhere and ensuring the insert is making good contact with the rest of the cylinder - a little Loctite 270 is good on this job.

I was rather pleased with this one, a nice neat job:thumbup:

Insert.jpg.4a3385390e5cf0b18c7a01d016146ee2.jpg

After.jpg.a958f57b13d812e2bd90e7f7728d0a49.jpg

59766e1c4d060_After2.jpg.2d494c122786b9073f37272d5d60b82a.jpg

After1.jpg.3bf46c384046a394e8ca2192758a330f.jpg

59766e1c4892d_Before3.jpg.72ce5e540f7e5a0a787e665f395b58b1.jpg

Before2.jpg.87d564834f03ca998bbf92ec1a7bad0f.jpg

Before.jpg.7e7dfff4136f246ba76861c6dab1b014.jpg

Been back on the MS200Ts, had a couple of saws in, both as dirty as each other, refurbed both of them and below are the images of one and another once done.

One had a stripped spark plug thread so put in a solid insert. The important bit is getting the thread in straight, making sure it is well formed so the insert doesn't go anywhere and ensuring the insert is making good contact with the rest of the cylinder - a little Loctite 270 is good on this job.

I was rather pleased with this one, a nice neat job:thumbup:

It's l👀king bonny now.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1443456332.697809.jpg.6e6c4a158cae463dfab53178de88a188.jpg

If it works out i'll be happy , this happened to me a few months ago.

[ATTACH]190654[/ATTACH]

I've patched it with Liquid Metal but I'm not overly confident.

I've repaired similar damage on an ally fuel tank with woven fibreglass and epoxy resin that's lasted 20 years of occasional use, may not pass a safety audit on rail or ua work but fine for domestic.. The main thing is getting the oil off with solvent and once the resin starts going off use a blow dryer on low heat.

I'm contemplating using carbon fibre and epoxy next time.

I've done the same with the plastic oil tank on a pole saw that was gnawed through by mice after the veggie oil inside.

The boss brought an MS170 that wasnt idling right. No screws to fettle with so changed air filter. When i got the the spark plug i was amazed it was running at all. Someone hadnt tightened it up enough and was firing but was down on compression, so tightened the plug up problem solved. Was going to order some new chains too but have salvaged a couple of goodens out of the line we have. Got a mix of .325 and 3/8" chains of varying bar lengths and cutters so will sort them out and send the .325 down west for their saws.