What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Whats on my bench......tooo much:001_rolleyes:

Just finished porting and repairing a seized 357xp, started porting a 372XP and have a troublesome 365 Husky - the saw has been thoroughly gone over but the carb is acting a little strange in so much as the sweet spot on the L adjustment keeps moving.

I have boiled the carb in the ultrasonic cleaner and hope it sorts out the suspected leaking H speed check valve!

Hi,

My Husky fuel tank vent parts came yesterday and I have fitted them.

I was hoping they would be a tighter fit, they pressed in really easily. At over £12 a set with postage I don't want to lose them again.

GJaP6xP.jpg

I am hoping the old ones popped out due to being clogged up & the tank getting under pressure due to heat while doing some intense cuts along the grain.

Hi,

My Husky fuel tank vent parts came yesterday and I have fitted them.

I was hoping they would be a tighter fit, they pressed in really easily. At over £12 a set with postage I don't want to lose them again.

GJaP6xP.jpg

I am hoping the old ones popped out due to being clogged up & the tank getting under pressure due to heat while doing some intense cuts along the grain.

Yup, damn expensive little parts!

On my bench - ported 372XP needs a new piston, seized 357XP...needs a new piston and an old 365.....you've guessed it, 130psi and....needs a new piston.

The 365 was weird, the piston didn't look bad, worn on the skirts but not excessivly but have very lightly honed the cylinder and will see what a new piston gives!

Took a look at an MS200 that has just come in and it is a wreck....even by my standards:001_rolleyes::lol:

tmros job is swapping the electric 3rd service of the old loader on to the new 1,

should be fun for a monday :biggrin:

Brings back memories.

I sold quite a few of those 90-34TX tractors during the 90's, usually with an MX480 loader. Brilliant loader tractors with the shuttle box and excellent front axle.

Hi All

I've just copied the advert we are running for a job at the lovley Jonesies. Feel free to PM me if your interested.:001_smile:

We need a Mechanic!

Duties will include:

- Servicing and repairing all types of garden machinery

- Serving customers and booking machines in for service/repair

- Delivering and demonstrating new machines to customers

- Assembling, running and preparing machines for sale

The right person will:

- Have experience working with a range of garden machinery

- Have basic PC skills and be confident to learn the in-house invoicing system

- Know how to use a computer-based parts lookup system (experience of Stihl MediaCat, Barrus Dial, Husqvarna systems would be advantageous)

- Have a clean driving licence (will be required to drive company van)

- Have a good telephone manner and customer service skills

You will join a growing family-run company of 18 based in Sydenham, South-East London.

Salary will be based on skills and experience.

Email us your CV if you're interested: [email protected]

Hi All

I've just copied the advert we are running for a job at the lovley Jonesies. Feel free to PM me if your interested.:001_smile:

We need a Mechanic!

Duties will include:

- Servicing and repairing all types of garden machinery

- Serving customers and booking machines in for service/repair

- Delivering and demonstrating new machines to customers

- Assembling, running and preparing machines for sale

The right person will:

- Have experience working with a range of garden machinery

- Have basic PC skills and be confident to learn the in-house invoicing system

- Know how to use a computer-based parts lookup system (experience of Stihl MediaCat, Barrus Dial, Husqvarna systems would be advantageous)

- Have a clean driving licence (will be required to drive company van)

- Have a good telephone manner and customer service skills

You will join a growing family-run company of 18 based in Sydenham, South-East London.

Salary will be based on skills and experience.

Email us your CV if you're interested: [email protected]

Good luck with that - most people need an app to live nowerdays and have no idea how an engine works:001_rolleyes::lol:

Good luck with that - most people need an app to live nowerdays and have no idea how an engine works:001_rolleyes::lol:

So cynical, need I remind you, rich and I are both under 30!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I don't see age as being a barrier to mechanical know-how. Some people know the dangerous end of a hammer others the dangerous end of a pen. For the under twenties among us, forget that thing old folk call a pen and the ancient call a pencil. And just use the virtual keypad.

Edited by TGB

I don't see age as being a barrier to mechanical know-how. Some people know the dangerous end of a hammer others the dangerous end of a pen. For the under twenties among us, forget that thing old folk call a pen and the ancient call a pencil. And just use the virtual keypad.

Actual age isn't the issue, any aged person can fix saws. The thing about the 20-30 year olds of today is that most have been born in to an age where lower purchase prices of all types of product makes any sort of repair uneconomical and the usual response to my "why don't you take it apart and fix it" is, "why should I, it is only worth £30".

I also find that many are just not practical and also can't apply themselves to doing any sort of repair/DIY work. I worked on my bicycle as a kid, motorcycles in my teens/early twenties, cars in my later twenties, power presses, printing presses and assembly machines in my 30s and 40s and have always had a keen engineering/mechanical interest.

Many just...can't be bothered and many kids just hanker after are the latest games console, gone are the days where they make a go-cart or fix up an old moped to race on wasteland etc.

There are a few younger guys with interest in mechanics but would say that it is a strong possibility that many grew up with a capable father or had an interest in motorcycles or cars at a young age!

I wasn't being ageist but giving a reflection on life, you need a strong will, logical brain and interest in fixing something to be able to do it well!