What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Stihl FS90AV strimmer fitted with a TK carb, looking for a carb to fit said machine as this one is doing my head in. Runs perfect all day long. Left over night and the fuel empties itself into the cylinder. Obviously a leaking needle so completely re kitted the carb with new needle, spring, metering arm, and diaghprams and gaskets. Fired second pull and used to clear an acre of grass without a problem, left over night and its emptied the petrol tank into the cylinder again. RE tested it and needle pops off at 13 psi and does not leak. If i dont use it it doesn't leak over night but if its used for a hour or so it will leak out over night again.

Stihl FS90AV strimmer fitted with a TK carb, looking for a carb to fit said machine as this one is doing my head in. Runs perfect all day long. Left over night and the fuel empties itself into the cylinder. Obviously a leaking needle so completely re kitted the carb with new needle, spring, metering arm, and diaghprams and gaskets. Fired second pull and used to clear an acre of grass without a problem, left over night and its emptied the petrol tank into the cylinder again. RE tested it and needle pops off at 13 psi and does not leak. If i dont use it it doesn't leak over night but if its used for a hour or so it will leak out over night again.

Am guessing here. Sounds like more pressure in tank? Is the tank venting ok? What happens if you leave cap off over night? To treat the symptom is there room for a fuel shut off valve in the line?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Arbtalk mobile app

Check the fuel tank breather - the fuel expands with heat, if it is a one way affair, it will push fuel past the needle valve:thumbdown: - you could try leaving the fuel cap a little loose:thumbup:

Phoned the owner of the FS90av and asked if he had recently swapped the fuel cap, Yes he said, my son lost it last week so we fitted one that we had on an old shinny. Did the problems start after replacing the cap? Yes he said, did the lad not say so when he dropped it off?

Some under breath swearing and a correct cap on order.

Cheers, Mike and Spud for pointing me in the right direction.

Phoned the owner of the FS90av and asked if he had recently swapped the fuel cap, Yes he said, my son lost it last week so we fitted one that we had on an old shinny. Did the problems start after replacing the cap? Yes he said, did the lad not say so when he dropped it off?

Some under breath swearing and a correct cap on order.

Cheers, Mike and Spud for pointing me in the right direction.

That's OK Ray, it's amazing what gems can come forth after too much vino and a BBQ:thumbup:

Been damn busy lately, not had time to put up images etc.

MS200 in filthy condition, 130psi non runner - now up to 170psi and much cleaner and running sweetly - carb accelerator pump also done to avoid future issues. I also tweaked the squish and did a muffler mod - for an old saw it sounded nice and tight after the rebuild.

346XP (45cc) ported and muffler mod, found the crank side seal was leaking under vacuum so new seal on order - that one repair will have probably saved the P&C in time:thumbup:

357XP - years of grime on this one but now much cleaner and smelling good. It had seized down to the infamous Auto decomp valve which has now been plugged and a standard one fitted. New piston and a cleaned up bore, some fancy porting and muffler mod done.

I had a slightly uneven idle on this one and as it needed a new rim which I didn't have, decided to clean and check the carb. Found a slight leak on the welch plug and believe this is the issue. Had exactly the same issue but worse on a 372XP a week earlier.

Just received 3 wrecks of saws in today that need rebuilding, sorting and some porting - just when you think it is over:001_rolleyes::lol:

hello spud iam looking for a peice for a 254xp its a peice of plastic or a rubber grommet it fits onto the main body of the saw where the throttle linkage slides through it at the moment the throttle linkage is too low and it isnt connecting to the trigger on the handle i was wondering if anybody had one too sell or new exact name or part number

thanks

hello spud iam looking for a peice for a 254xp its a peice of plastic or a rubber grommet it fits onto the main body of the saw where the throttle linkage slides through it at the moment the throttle linkage is too low and it isnt connecting to the trigger on the handle i was wondering if anybody had one too sell or new exact name or part number

thanks

Don't know what it's called but I know I spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees in the workshop looking for mine the other day!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app