What's on your bench today?

spudulike

My 200t has been playing up lately!

I've a few but have taken to using my older 2005 one and its a belting saw.

Only problems are that lately, after turning off in the tree, i would start up it would rev bur die.... then i have to choke it and then fast idle or idle and i'm away.

Few years back i chucked the 200t carb out of it and fitted a 020t carb to it as it wouldn't idle with the 200t carb... dodgy carb year...

It earns me lots of money so wondering whats up with it!!

Any help?

026 is running.....

Yay jumping around the shed with joy.

Thanks for the info spud.

Went straight for pressure test by blanking off intake, exhaust, spark plug, and no leaking anywhere.

Took the carb apart and spent time inspecting it and low and behold the metering arm was lower than the raised ridge so when pressing it with a finger it worked but the diaghram wouldn't. Raised it up, put saw back together and runs like new.

Again thanks spud, always good to have a bit of backup when needed.

I would love to plug your head into a laptop and download the info you've got in that brain. :thumbup::biggrin:

That's great, always good when you succeed and glad to be of help - always there to give advice and if that doesn't work then will fix the problem here if it suits and I have the time.

Cheers:thumbup:

My 200t has been playing up lately!

I've a few but have taken to using my older 2005 one and its a belting saw.

Only problems are that lately, after turning off in the tree, i would start up it would rev bur die.... then i have to choke it and then fast idle or idle and i'm away.

Few years back i chucked the 200t carb out of it and fitted a 020t carb to it as it wouldn't idle with the 200t carb... dodgy carb year...

It earns me lots of money so wondering whats up with it!!

Any help?

With an 020T carb fitted on the MS200T, the carb is pretty reliable. Personally I would put it in an ultrasonic cleaner if you have one - I have known carbs to have this sort of problem and a good clean sort it out.

Other than that, the pumping gasket/membrane flaps can get pierced through wear or there could just be crap in the gauze filter.

It may be a crack in the impulse line or a hole/split in the carb boot.

These are the usual suspects.

Found a better picture of the modified piston that shows the modified opened up window on one side and the smaller standard window on the other.

I have fitted a dual port muffler, it was a little quiet so opened up the outlet and drilled the baffle plate a little - sounds a little louder now - should breath better:thumbup:

Just got to tune the carb and then cut a bit of wood:biggrin:

597661c5d554d_DualPort.JPG.2e1772f421d1476e6614264ed17b7640.JPG

597661c5cfdcb_pistonwindow.JPG.ae0f9bb393fb3a2a0333ab5d282dc45d.JPG

Busy weekend, finished tach tuning the MS440 that I ported the previous weekend - pulls 13,800rpm and reckon it will do more:thumbup:

Been preparing a 346XP for sale, turned out nice - not the cleanest saw but pulls 180psi and revs out - tached at 14,000rpm. The clutch is shagged so have a new one on order and should be good once done.

Been cleaning up a Stihl 034 for sale - looks a nice machine, need one new part for the oiler but close to finished.

Took a Jonsered 2051 apart, couldn't believe my eyes when I took the muffler off - the piston ring location pin was slap in the middle of the exhaust port - some numpty has put the piston in back to front - lucky it didn't take the ring and port out!

The saw is a bit down on compression so am fitting a new ring and will tweak the squish to get it up again - should be a nice logging saw once cleaned and back together again.

P1040661.JPG.596106f04894cc295ab4c625430a668e.JPG

P1040659.JPG.c67bd327acd87cca0e73af7744790394.JPG

P1040658.JPG.58cf4ccd537602f29d6adc55ec07e76c.JPG

P1040648.JPG.6f1f9887fdfb755b2309273c0179de10.JPG

Got a pair of 395Xps in and an 064 - one 395 seized, one with loose exhaust bolts and the 064 oiler is a bity hit and miss!

The 395XP with the loose exhaust bolts has mashed up the location mounts either side of the exhaust, I have brazed on small oversize squares of steel on to the back of the bolts and ground to sizeso they are a tight fit - easy solution and will afford a cost effective and reliable fix.

The exhaust is fooked so have ordered an aftermarket one at 1/4 the price of OEM - looks to be dual ported - nice:thumbup:

P1040669.JPG.8e47419b8796c038c92fd31b116a5dcd.JPG

P1040662.JPG.c43497032aff501c633b55ddb8d2969e.JPG

P1040664.JPG.35c56fc81d34441ab634015ffedfdcd9.JPG