What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Spud why ar the 338 so naff at oiling?

In short, Husqvarna came away from having a 1/4 - 1/2 turn adjuster that covers all lengths of specified bar.

Instead they have an adjuster that screws in and can, in worst cases bend the oiler gear shaft that strips the worm drive oiler pinion or can be hit and miss as to its position and how much it is oiling.

It is a weak point on the 335 & 338 - it is difficult to work on requiring a full strip down and is of poor design IMO.

What's that? something wedged between the drum and the break shoes...

Damn you two have Gull's eyes:biggrin: I don't remember having to prise anything out of there so I suspect it's a piece of crappy gunk that probably fell off me or my cloth.

Few jobs this weekend, had a fourstroke Stihl pole cutter in, would fire but not running - adjusted the valve clearences and it started right up and idled fine. Lubricated and cleaned the cutters - seems fine now.

Had a leaf blower in, not firing, there waqs fuel, spark and compression. Lots of fuel in the exhaust and dripping out of the plug hole. I suspected a leaking carb needle so took the carb off - the metering arm had sort of jammed on the needle so a bit of a prod and all was good, fired right up once all the fuel had been burnt out of the exhaust.

An 020T carb for a rebuild, put it in the US cleaner, readjusted the metering arm, resealed the welch plug, jobs a good un!

Stihl 010, not running well, sorted the breather, rebuilt the carb, sorted the throttle cable and it fired up sweet as a nut, just needs a new sprocket and a carb tune as it is four stroking heavily!

Where does one learn all this magical knowledge?, :001_tt2:

In my experience you have people that need to be told everything, some that pick up bits and pieces and some with natural aptitude who can work it all out with just a little help.

I have always had a bit of natural aptitude and inquisitive mind - I learn't a bit of the US site but mostly from fixing saws for myself and for sale.

No easy magic app on this one.......now theres an idea:thumbup:

Got a drowned Stihl FS480. I was strimming in very very heavy rain this morning and it died on about 1/2 tank. The bottom of the filter box/air intake was dripping so i took the air filter out as it was wet and replaced it with the dry filter from the strimmer in the back of the van. It still didnt run so the next thing is potentially a soaking and possibly shorted coil. Its now in the drying room overnight so will have another go at starting it in the morning.

Got an KM130 R with a shredded female shaft and male shaft on the hedgecutter attachment. One of the locating springs had pinged off somewhere along the line and hadn't been sitting in correctly. Today it felt like it sat in as it should then it just revs like crazy and did barely made the head creep. Both ends are completely round. Is it an easy job to do or is it going to be a dealer job?

Got an KM130 R with a shredded female shaft and male shaft on the hedgecutter attachment. One of the locating springs had pinged off somewhere along the line and hadn't been sitting in correctly. Today it felt like it sat in as it should then it just revs like crazy and did barely made the head creep. Both ends are completely round. Is it an easy job to do or is it going to be a dealer job?

A dealer what:lol: I made the mistake of sticking mine together with JB weld to get me through the job and "weld" was the operative name, couldn't shift it afterwards.

Can it be fixed - personally I would give it a good go but haven't done one yet - sure one of the others will be along soon to tell you how easy it is!

I always say "if it was put together, it will come apart again":thumbup: