What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The 338XPT are fiddly little forkers, not easy to work on and I will be interested on how it goes now with a little modding - the oiler will be a revelation now - really pisses out oil like a goodun:thumbup:

Only managed to cut a couple of bits of 10/11" poplar - went through it well for a 38cc saw!

a photo for those who complain about using a combi spanner to get the oil cap of a husky.. here is my tip for tooless updoing of the caps.. tighten the cap to just befor the oil marker and it will undo by hand everytime..

297.jpg.8667e567f3c2586f2b40947818eb3555.jpg

299.jpg.c8d01992637e0ad77341cc79392e070b.jpg

As advised I've stripped the clutch this afternoon as the chain was still running on.

clutch.jpg

There's a fair amount of crap in there although I'm no expert so tell me if I'm wrong here guys.

basket.jpg

The shoes look ok with only slight pitting, the springs didn't seem to be full of crud but I've soaked them in carb cleaner for a while and it did turn rather crap coloured.

shoes.jpg

I'm going to run her up tomorrow as I don't want to upset the neighbours too much tonight :001_tongue:

If she's still running on then I'll be getting some new springs next week. Just wanted someone that know's what their on about to double check the parts I've pictured in case I'm missing something important. I couldn't find any cracks anywhere on inspection.

As advised I've stripped the clutch this afternoon as the chain was still running on.

There's a fair amount of crap in there although I'm no expert so tell me if I'm wrong here guys.

What's that? something wedged between the drum and the break shoes...

clutch-arrow.jpg.76de7e3b854d4832e4cc40f405fcb312.jpg

DUH! I just be getting tired. A clutch doesn't have BREAK shoes! I meant clutch shoe, of course.

Was too polite to point that out:blushing:

Anyway, got the new piston fitted in the MS650, pressure and Vac tests were good, fired up on five pulls and all the signs are good.

Pulled the seals out of the MS460, the clutch one had a slight leak but will only get worse, a look at the carb gave the reason for seizure - the H screw was set to 1/4 turn out.....ouch:001_rolleyes::thumbdown:

P1040599.JPG.4a9daf51757cac921a1dfe4883d8e4b6.JPG

P1040598.JPG.ec8819f85c3f6e1b39ab95f1ca7a67bb.JPG

P1040596.JPG.f14ff69f5cecf7a52f1a90d2ca7fe4dd.JPG

P1040595.JPG.03d8522a9838943cd34ac16aee7c63cb.JPG

P1040593.JPG.96c9a6b4477795fa3c00ad4158133320.JPG