What's on your bench today?

spudulike

20 minutes ago, spudulike said:

But what about the fuel tank breather? If you are sucking out fuel, you need to let air in otherwise the saw exhibits running out of fuel symptoms.

It will look like this....pull it off and you should be able to suck air through it relatively easily. If it has sealed up, it needs replacing.

Tank vent Genuine Stihl Part OEM Part No. 0000 350 5802 Suitable for the following Stihl Machines: MS 201, MS 201 C...

I'll check it but in my experience it only comes into use once the saw has been drinking a bit of fuel and this saw plays up within seconds of starting.

10 hours ago, spudulike said:

Did the plug get swapped out? I had an MS200t with a loose centre electrode once and it was a bit like yours.

Not yet, I usually do a swap early on because plugs fail in strange ways but a it is smaller than other plugs I have and I neglected to order it with other parts it didn't get done.

36 minutes ago, Max 201 said:

I've just had a look at the replacement piston and cylinder L&S sent em and it's the exact same problem. So now I have 2 wrong pistons... I'll have to call them tomorrow to see how they can fix this. 

I think God hates you . Not helpful I know but he doesn't like me either so I feel your pain . 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Max 201 said:

I've just had a look at the replacement piston and cylinder L&S sent em and it's the exact same problem. So now I have 2 wrong pistons... I'll have to call them tomorrow to see how they can fix this. 

You could build a twin cylinder saw...look on the positives!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Max 201 said:

It's probably you, have you thought ? You might have the wrong chainsaw.😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Stubby said:

I think God hates you . Not helpful I know but he doesn't like me either so I feel your pain . 

I knew that... story of my life!

11 hours ago, spudulike said:

You could build a twin cylinder saw...look on the positives!

The real question is, in line, or V?

9 hours ago, peatff said:

It's probably you, have you thought ? You might have the wrong chainsaw.😆

Nope, checked, double checked and then checked again. 

• Like 1

MS201 carb in bits. Air leak on the hi circuit. Hi jet (check valve) and accel piston removed. Hi jet is fine, accel piston seal is smaller than the piston (see piccy 2) and looking a bit shabby. That'll be it then. Apparently you cant buy a replacement accel piston assy from Stihl though..... Just needs a new O ring seal really. 

IMG_20220211_172821.jpg

IMG_20220211_172930.jpg

Edited by bmp01
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bmp01 said:

MS201 carb in bits. Air leak on the hi circuit. Hi jet (check valve) and accel piston removed. Hi jet is fine, accel piston seal is smaller than the piston (see piccy 2) and looking a bit shabby. That'll be it then. Apparently you cant buy a replacement accel piston assy from Stihl though..... Just needs a new O ring seal really. 

IMG_20220211_172821.jpg

IMG_20220211_172930.jpg

I think you will find it is the same as the MS200T...pretty sure of that!