What's on your bench today?

spudulike

The 350 and that series of saws has a two part push in breather - like a small disk followed by a larger one that push in to place - I can't make out your image but it will be next to your fuel line.

Garden Hire Spares or Green Stripe will do them - part 503 60 04-01 and 501 62 98-01

The 350 and that series of saws has a two part push in breather - like a small disk followed by a larger one that push in to place - I can't make out your image but it will be next to your fuel line.

Garden Hire Spares or Green Stripe will do them - part 503 60 04-01 and 501 62 98-01

I had tank ventilation problems on our Jonsered CS2152 (HVA 353 equivalent), but the same components are also on the HVA 350 (our CS 2150 equivalent).

Husqvarna replaced the vyon plug, which was the initial implementation of tank vent.

CS2152-07tank.jpg.5a5eee4147d7f62ac29b5c4c2670407b.jpg

CS2152-04tank.jpg.0c9ab8e09be2eb4d063a1fd78ce66662.jpg

I had tank ventilation problems on our Jonsered CS2152 (HVA 353 equivalent), but the same components are also on the HVA 350 (our CS 2150 equivalent).

Husqvarna replaced the vyon plug, which was the initial implementation of tank vent.

The earlier type get covered in crud and then you get the tan venting issues you are talking about, the replacement one is like the 346/357 one and is a sintered metal one in a plastic carrier that has a rubber hose pushed on to it venting in to the air filter manifold.

-the oiling mystery continues, I ordered the vent hose (which turned up today), it's identical to the one already in the saw. A nylon pipe with a spring pin in one end, no non-return valve.

-and I don't think there is a rubber pipe missing from the pipe to the oiler slot, as I'm pretty sure this saw doesn't have that, wasn't there when I took it apart, and also isn't shown on the parts diagram.

I'm still at a bit of a loss as to why this isn't working. Tomorrow I'll try it again but 'prime' the oiler 1st, and ensure the vent pipe is above the oil level.

I might open up the 'filter' spring on the oil inlet to allow oil to flow to the pump more easily, but I shouldn't really need to do that as it must have worked before.

Findings to follow.

-oiling fault cause: a tiny split in the rubber moulding, not possible to see (I'm pressing a screwdriver in the back to show it) I found it by pressurising the oil tank and seeing the resultant leak from that area.

Fitted a new oiler assy. seems to work ok, but doesn't oil quite as much as I would expect, but enough I think.

5976695d994d5_Husky142-pic3.jpg.9475b2e7b34d6f283ac9bf6a6ac098a9.jpg

Whats on my bench: -

too much for me to move now:001_rolleyes:

Loook lads - turn the tap off - I have enough to keep me busy now, it isn't big or funny:001_rolleyes::lol:

A load of saws to port, a raft of toppers on their way and a couple to "de-seize"!!!!

Whats on my bench: -

too much for me to move now:001_rolleyes:

Loook lads - turn the tap off - I have enough to keep me busy now, it isn't big or funny:001_rolleyes::lol:

A load of saws to port, a raft of toppers on their way and a couple to "de-seize"!!!!

:( I was going to see if you wanted to play with my dead KM100 - no worries, i'm going to ebay it.

Don't burn yourself out mate.

Ed

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

:( I was going to see if you wanted to play with my dead KM100 - no worries, i'm going to ebay it.

Don't burn yourself out mate.

Ed

Not another bloody KM100 - just buy 2 stroke Ed, you know it makes sense - ask Martin, he will tell you:thumbup:

Not another bloody KM100 - just buy 2 stroke Ed, you know it makes sense - ask Martin, he will tell you:thumbup:

That was my last one. I've switched to Echo now.