shock as wrong trees chopped down in wrong garden

Ross Macneil

Yep Stevie,in my experience its what you do to channel your natural feelings into something purposefull that defines where you end up getting.

I'm not the worlds best at this,but if its serious to yourself you get a better result if you work with deliberation,some level of calm,and strong resolve,as I did in this instance.:001_smile:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Havent yet cut the wrong tree down but did deliver 5 cube mulch to the 'wrong' house .it was in a new housing estate and the bloke thought his house was number 13 but was actually number 11

other owners were cheesed off big time and would'nt let me pick it up with the loader. ended up filling the bucket by shovel and driving next door.good exercise

My take on it, is the guy saw a 'conifer wall' blocking out light to everybody else, and as one 'conifer wall' looks like another with equally obstructive residents the chopped it down. Being 'housing ass' he expected problems so simply carried on doing his job. The residents did say the conifers were 20 yrs old and planted for to keep the garden private = conifer wall to me. As the housing ass only gave limited compensation, they could have been the next house garden to be felled anyway - give the guy a bonus, not sack him:thumbup1:

Many years ago when I worked as a gardener, my boss sent me to a new job - Number 3, suburbia,an overgrown tip of a back garden. No one was home so I jumped the gate and once unlocked it set about giving it a general haircut and makeover.

Only when I returned to the yard, was it brought to my attention that due to a typo I had visited the wrong address. The 0 had been omitted from No.30!!!

To my knowledge the boss never billed them, so I can only imagine their bewilderment when they came home that night.:biggrin:

The more trees one does the higher the probability of an error. That's not to say that an error is inevitable. Some people never make mistakes just as some men never masturbate.

As someone said earlier, it's not so much that a mistake has been made, it's how it is dealt with.

We've had a few, all blessedly small, for private, commercial and public body. It happens. Fessing up and asking what they need to rectify the situation is the best policy. Then attempt to initiate protocols to prevent recurrence.

Most of the balls-ups we've had are ultimately my fault, usually through lack of communication, so I have to apologise to the staff as well as the client. Usually I manage to retain both and the relationship is stronger for it.

Going nuts is the reaction you have learned as a child.

All your going to do is cause a similar reaction like being ignored, told to do 1 , they run away or start a fight .

Not ideal:)

IMO going nuts is sometimes the wright thing to do, I even think there are times when thumping some one is right.

As a child I learned how to do every thing, eating, sleeping, talking, walking, it can't all be wrong Stevie :001_rolleyes:

I once ground the wrong stump out. My guv'nor at the time had written Pound Ct in the diary, when it should have read Pound Cl, but his handwriting was illegible, and at 4.30 he called asking why we hadn't yet visited our customer in Pound Close. And then we realised our cock-up, quick tidy-up, stumpy on the van and off we went to the real job. Someone must have come home and been surprised to see the large stump in their front garden missing.