shock as wrong trees chopped down in wrong garden

Ross Macneil

such an act!:confused1:

It was a few trees, it was not intentional and the company have held their hands up.

We know very little about the story so to start assuming things is pointless.

I have felled the wrong tree once, i turned up with the boss, in a storm at a hospital with the information being there was a dangerous Beech tree. I get kicked out running with a 046 and told to go fell ' that 1 ' , this was the main ambulance route. So me, thinking i was spiderman/jon bon jovi super hero, felled the big rotten beech:thumbup:

Then a woman comes running out going bonkers saying it was the wrong 1:blushing:

The boss had stopped the traffic with his jeep, and just shouted, well fell the other 1 then, so i did.

The world was less 2 scabby big beech and the hospital was good to go again.:001_smile:

I think your missing what happened here.

Someone had there pride and joy destroyed for no reason whatsoever.

To us its 4 15 feet connies which lets be honest should have been done and dusted in 20 mins flat so it shows the type of professional that carried out the work(smashed plant pots, trunks everywhere, didnt stop when told to etc etc)but to the old dears its privacy and maybe a bit of greenery in an urban concrete jungle.

They probably had their garden destroyed and who knows what other problems it will cause them.

I always make sure 100% that I am removing the right tree.

When its gone its gone.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right , bring back hanging i say!!!!!!!!!!:001_rolleyes:

Too right!!!:laugh1:

Imagine it was your pride and joy(insert here 1950's corvette,Triumph norton or any other possession you hold dear) the cost is irreverent, if they towed it away and smashed it up but said sorry we can give you something like it but its not the same would that be ok?

Anyway I agree with you, old people should be hanged, they complain too much.:thumbup:

Too right!!!:laugh1:

Imagine it was your pride and joy(insert here 1950's corvette,Triumph norton or any other possession you hold dear) the cost is irreverent, if they towed it away and smashed it up but said sorry we can give you something like it but its not the same would that be ok?

if it doesnt have a heart beat i couldnt care less.:001_smile:

Unfortunately we all make mistakes. I'm sure many of us on here have taken too much out of a tree or not pruned it correctly in the eyes of the tree owner. I know I've had the odd one or several where the land owner has one idea and has not conveyed that idea correctly only for me to get the pruning entirely wrong (correct in my eyes though). What counts is the grovelling and after care when something does go wrong. Suck it up even if it costs but let's not hang everyone for a simple mistake, they do happen from time to tme.

if it doesnt have a heart beat i couldnt care less.:001_smile:

Your heartless bugger.:001_tongue:

I reckon you would if you came home to see your mog being raped by a scrap man.

Common we have to give respect to the people we work for and there possessions.

I would be absolutely gutted if it was me or my company that had carried out the work in question.