Insurance for Transit D/C Tipper

Mark Bolam

I've just had my renewal quote through for my 06 Transit double cab tipper.

It's with NFU, not bad, around £660, but not great for a vehicle worth about £7k driven by a 42 year-old with a clean licence and 6 years no claims.

Can anyone suggest anyone else worth a try? The price comparison websites were a joke, and Direct Line gave me a brilliant quote of £350 until they realised it was a tipper, and, bizzarely, they won't insure tippers.

This thread is about insuring a Ford Transit double cab tipper.

I'm not really that bothered about who insures your Micra or BMX bike.

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 plate double cab, 3way tipper, any driver, fully comp, 100 pound excess, with cornish mutal, brokered by towergate risk solutions a very happy £450

Worth a call tomorrow, thanks.

I'm happy with NFU, and they are meant to pay out ok, but I don't like the way they push your premium up all the time.

Does noone actually value loyalty anymore?

I would at least like a lower quote to take back to NFU to see if they will budge.

53 plate double cab, 3way tipper, any driver, fully comp, 100 pound excess, with cornish mutal, brokered by towergate risk solutions a very happy £450

Towergate £885:thumbdown:

Cornish Mutual wouldn't insure me because I am not an existing policy holder.

Liverpool Victoria refused to quote 'because the vehicle is too high performance'!

WTF? I might jack the trees and start my own insurance company. Can anyone recommend anywhere where I can get a lobotomy before I sort out my business plan?