Insurance for Transit D/C Tipper

Mark Bolam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrington, it is ruthless out there, so why don't these divs try dropping their prices instead of increasing them? Business 101.

They dont need to as we all have to have insurance by law, now if only a law was passed that people had to have there trees pruned EVERY year we could all then afford to pay insurance no problems.:thumbup1:

As it is I have my great great great grandad as the main driver, he has 150 years no claims discount.:thumbup1:

Like it, like it a lot!

Jesus Lorry, they are some serious Armco scars! Will they T-cut out do you think?

I hate pricks like that. Admits he nearly kills you then does a 180. Next thing he will have injurywankersrus.com chasing you because he can't get a hard on because of the accident you caused.

Will give CIS a bell, thanks, forgot about them, but used to use them. I've a feeling they are another co. who only insure you if you have an existing policy of some kind with them?

we've also had no joy mark.

one of the lads who works for me has a traders policy

£1200 a year and he can have as many vehicles on it as he wants

trouble is his is only 3rd party

apparently there are fully comp ones out there

might be the route to go

never mind the banks slowing the economy down, the bloody insurance co's are doing a good enough job

the sooner the fair trade commision look into them the better

I went through same people as my grandas business goes through, got quoted for 56reg transit tipper for 720 quid with no claims because of additional vehicle, not bad I'm 28 but they got mixed up because I have same name as my Granda and they thought I was 71 it's now around 1200quid! Thing is now someone cut me up on motorway other day flipped my motor and although admitting on scene is now blaming me??? So if it goes his way my personal and business insurance will go up I'm not happy at the minute:(

Glad your ok marra :001_smile:

• 1 month later...
we've also had no joy mark.

one of the lads who works for me has a traders policy

£1200 a year and he can have as many vehicles on it as he wants

trouble is his is only 3rd party

apparently there are fully comp ones out there

might be the route to go

never mind the banks slowing the economy down, the bloody insurance co's are doing a good enough job

the sooner the fair trade commision look into them the better

Insurance is another industry like banking, and newspapers/media that have had a field day in scandal for the last decade. Only insurers are somehow getting away with it since no-one can stop them. I reckon the only people who can make them fall is themselves. Maybe find someone on here with next to no no-claims insuring a crewcab tipper for like 700 quid, is about 24 and any driver - I have seen this on here somewhere, please come foreward. If everyone was given the policy number details for them to call it up on the screen when u phone them. If they say no we cannot match that policy price, even though they acknowlege it then they are surely braking trading standards. Complain to the right organisation / trading standards body / fair trade comission and something might be done.