Hows the log sales going now

mendiplogs

Absolutely crazy. It's a wash out summer so peeps seem to be going nuts for logs! I had an order for 10 loads yesterday, 4 loads today, have been taking pre-orders for autumn delivery at a rate of about 2-3 loads a week for past 6 weeks. There was I moaning about a warm winter killing sales and all of a sudden I can't meet demand in the summer! :lol:

took an order for 3000 nets this week,just as my shoulder decides to tear and separate! been rammed with firewood all year.Finding enough wood to keep going is becoming my biggest issue.Seems every hobby farmer,landscaper,builder tom dick or harry wants to think there playing Mr woodchuck by buying up every damn truck load of wood going.Beginning to get on my nerves to be honest.But hey ho onward we go :)

How are you all getting it properly seasoned? If this rain doesn't relent soon we're going to get to the winter with everything still at 35% :-(

And then we'll be clobbered by the kiln-dried boys on one side, and the cowboys selling greed rubbish on the other...

How are you all getting it properly seasoned? If this rain doesn't relent soon we're going to get to the winter with everything still at 35% :-(

And then we'll be clobbered by the kiln-dried boys on one side, and the cowboys selling greed rubbish on the other...

Looks like prices might be on the rise looking at some of the national pricing thats about, one guy selling half cube bags of unseasoned at £90.

I have not sold any for some weeks, got one order to go out. Not that bothered as I am a bit tight on stock or will be by Xmas unless some late processed hardwood comes through which I doubt.

A

Aye this is a real issue, trying to get a polytunnel asap and solar kiln the stuff. Oh, but there's no sun! Bu663r!

Definately harder getting it dry this year. Wettest and dulllest June on record :thumbdown: