Get 'ARB Approved' for FREE!!!

AA Teccie (Paul)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Rupe, I thought so too, ha!!!!!

Aaaaanything underlying your 'interest' in particular, i.e. why?

We have had a considerable amount of interest about the 'new look' scheme, and indeed we have sent out many hundereds of info/app packs, and indeed indeed we are now receiving applications from small businesses...BUT there's always room for more and the 'small' businesses are under-represented in the scheme.

Currently we have around 18% 'small' businesses 'ARB Approved' but anecdotal evidence suggest the industry is approx. 70% small (micro) businesses...hence we've a long way to go.

Post back, or call me, if you want to know more.

Cheers..

Paul

Have you ever thought that most people don’t want anything to do with self appointing tin pot organisations that proclaimed to represent XYZ group merely for the lining of there own pockets wile hiding behind the guise of being a charity who then imply anyone who is not in there group is somehow “substandard” wile also implying any one in there little group is somehow whiter than white because we have audited them.

PS: I like the picture of the arb related roadwork’s, to my non Arboricultural Association approved eye it looks wrong, unsafe and there appears to be a lack of 3-way traffic lights or suitable number of persons directing traffic, yet it seams good enough to put in your literature to somehow depict what paragons of safety etc you are. :001_rolleyes:

Image1.jpg.5dac3b41cd290d76f15d4befd00cdeb7.jpg

Have you ever thought.............

The road to moving our industry forwards together, is inherently going to be a route that has a direction that will not suit everybody.

But the industry undoubtedly does need the focus.

What use is a multi-faceted collection of bodies pulling & tugging this way & that?

I believe that the AA as an organisation, is listening & answering it's critiques & furthermore is now showing the change & adaption toward being the industry platform we need, that is being heard loud & clear by goverment.

The very fact that we have a dedicated representative at our fingertips here & now, speaks clearly to me, that representing & reaching out to 'all' is at the core of the AA's Raison d'être.

Have you ever thought that most people don’t want anything to do with self appointing tin pot organisations that proclaimed to represent XYZ group merely for the lining of there own pockets wile hiding behind the guise of being a charity who then imply anyone who is not in there group is somehow “substandard” wile also implying any one in there little group is somehow whiter than white because we have audited them.

PS: I like the picture of the arb related roadwork’s, to my non Arboricultural Association approved eye it looks wrong, unsafe and there appears to be a lack of 3-way traffic lights or suitable number of persons directing traffic, yet it seams good enough to put in your literature to somehow depict what paragons of safety etc you are. :001_rolleyes:

[ATTACH]66614[/ATTACH]

'b101uk', thanks for your post.

You highlight a very important issue, that of 'choice', the scheme is not mandatory, there are 'others' out there, and the choice, or not as the case may be, is entirley yours.

The scheme, I believe, is a real opportunity to gain credible recognition from a lead industry body for the service you deliver and the work you do.

The set up in the photo, I acknowledge, could be improved but it is there for illustartive purposes and did not form part of an ARB Approved Contractor assessment.

Lastly, any surpluses generated through the operations of the Association are re-invested to benefit it's membership and the wider industry...there is still much work to be done.

Cheers..

Paul

I agree with Paul and Monkey Dee. As an organization we must continue to move forward and overcome any and all short term obstacles. Might I suggest additional involvement from b101uk by helping the design better copy for advertising purposes for said group?

Good Hunting.

elg