Get 'ARB Approved' for FREE!!!

AA Teccie (Paul)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think becoming an aaac is a good goal to aim for. some do still produce sub standard work, and at the moment it is only people in the industry/LA that know who and wot the aa are about, and a real effort has to be made by the aa to inform the public as to wot they and their approved contractors are about to be of any gain really in becoming aaac.

We are trying, honestly. IF yu knew how hard we'd worked trying to get on the 'Rogue TRaders' show, but, regardless of speaking with severla programme researchers with promises of exposure (censored!) it just doesn't happen....aghhhhhh!!!!!

We are trying to get more proesence at regional countryside / agric shows in the hope that helps.

As you say tho more 'ArbACs' = wider expeosrure automatic.

Cheers..

Paul

I remember chatting to Paul via email a few years ago about this issue. I ended up not joinig the scheme for various issues, many of which have been mentioned in this thread. Whilst not wishing to go over old ground I congratulate the AA on this new initiative however one issue that I raised with Paul back then was the poor ranking of the aa website. I think for thai scheme to be a success it needs to raise the public awareness of the AA, given that at least 50% of my business comes fron the web the ranking of the AA site is crucial to the sucess of this scheme. Type "tree surgeon" into gogle and the AA don't even come up on the first page! Given that most searches will be "tree surgeon XXXtown" this is hopeless.

If you can guarentee that any search with "tree surgeon" in the title will bring your site up, and that site has a description of why you should choose an AA approved contractor and then a list of contractors in the area, then you will have my business.

Tom d

Very good point, and if paul hadnt had mentioned this thread it wouldnt have got thought about im sure,

Im not sure how much having national recognition on the web would cost, or the principles involved in making that possible. I.T. is not my domain, im sure in due course we'll find out the answer to that question,

I will see you at the show in a couple of weeks for a chat, it sounds like a good idea. Just make sure that you have some good quality tea, not that value rubbish, oh and propper milk.

Consider't'kettle on...not that advanced at the show but plenty of food booths and AA credit card....we're sorted, ha!

Excellent, see you theer!

Paul

I remember chatting to Paul via email a few years ago about this issue. I ended up not joinig the scheme for various issues, many of which have been mentioned in this thread. Whilst not wishing to go over old ground I congratulate the AA on this new initiative however one issue that I raised with Paul back then was the poor ranking of the aa website. I think for thai scheme to be a success it needs to raise the public awareness of the AA, given that at least 50% of my business comes fron the web the ranking of the AA site is crucial to the sucess of this scheme. Type "tree surgeon" into gogle and the AA don't even come up on the first page! Given that most searches will be "tree surgeon XXXtown" this is hopeless.

If you can guarentee that any search with "tree surgeon" in the title will bring your site up, and that site has a description of why you should choose an AA approved contractor and then a list of contractors in the area, then you will have my business.

Tom, I do recall your comments here and the whole issue of marketing and promotion, in particular with Google / Facebook / Twitter etc., highlights a lack of expertise in the AA. This is something we are increasingly aware of and hope to address in the near future.

In the meantime I will, again, feed your comments back, thanks!

Cheers..

Paul

• 1 month later...

Its hard to maintain fresh well optimised websites when google keep moving the goal posts. Its also easy to get sucked into a high input/low yeild social network vortex

Wise social media gurus move with the times, but this requires time, time we all spend working and making money.

My advice is start small, join twitter/ facebook and treat it a little like this forum, post info that users will find intertesting and link back to pages related to that content within your website to increase traffic.

Its also important to have a good grasp on your metrics. How will you know if any of this social media busness works unless you measure the results.

Good luck

If everyone who owned a reputable firm joined the scheme and advertised such then it would help the AAAC become a house hold name,

I think the Day I become AAAC my firm will be a proper firm and I will achieved my goal but at risk putting this thread back on subject my local T.O. Would not refer me for the free assessment as it would show preferential treatment of contractors