Get 'ARB Approved' for FREE!!!

AA Teccie (Paul)

putting this thread back on subject my local T.O. Would not refer me for the free assessment as it would show preferential treatment of contractors

Mine was the same. The T.O. took advice and did not want to do it even when I sugested they offer to do it for all the contractors..

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have read all the posts on this particular thread and can identify with all points of view witch by the way are all in favour of improving our tree work practices and reputation as an industry

i too have subcontracted to AAAC,s in the past that have been absolutely awfull i mean the sort of firm where the spikes rarely come off and R,A was never ever done

this put me off the shceme for a number of years and i had the same opinion as some of those apposed on this thread

however that leaves us on the outside looking in and perpetuates the illusion of better or worse standards between approved/non approved contractors

after having finally undergone AAAC assessment and passing i have to say it was a good experience and feel that as a small company i/we have benefitted from it not nessecerilly financially or in my day to day tree work but some of the finer details such as legeslative changes etc

the scheme is by no means perfect but is a lot better than a free for all where flash websites influence our clients choice and often results in some of the worse tree work iv e seen

i would suggest that those who take pride in their work (most people in tree work) and are running reputable company,s would pass the assessment process without too much bother after all it involves only the things we should all be doing to be legally/practice compliant

as far as marketing approachability of the AA vast improvements have been made and there is still a way to go to get more good tree company,s on side

the question i beleive therefore is not why you should be a AAAC but why not.

terry

Firstly, THANK YOU Terry for your balanced and pragmatic view voiced here, it is much appreciated and I'm pleased to learn you found the assessment process useful in improving the business. I alos hope, in the fullness of time, it does prove fruitful for you and you reap financial benefits.

(BTW I take it you found your way back to Cirencester safe and well after the 'ARB Show'...bl**dy AA moving the site....a further 1 1/2 miles away!!!)

Secondly I'm most frustrated to learn of another LA TO who has declined the opportunity to nominate, and help, a good local contractor 'on their way', so to speak, because of concerns of favouritism and preferential treatment. Surely LAs and TOs have duty to promote to their local communities (AND trees) reputable tree care businesses undertaking good quality work if not directly, then indirectly via the AA website...once said contarctors have become ARB Approved of course!

IF they feel compromised then they could nominate ALL small businesses they have contact with, perhaps avoiding those they've had to prosecute for TPO breaches of course, and then at least yours would appear 'on the radar' and be in with a chance.

Sorry, no solutions here but it is a mad world we live in sometimes...ah well!

Cheers all..

Paul