Another thread that is pointless :) bees?

YoGi_93

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever been attacked by bees or wasps? It occured to me the other day while watching heli loggers (as you do:001_rolleyes:)

I hope you don't feel threatened by Bees?

They're very important to us and aren't at all threatening or agressive unless of course your smashing up their nest or something

We need more Bees!

Very beautiful insects :001_smile:

I was cutting a conifer hedge by 2 hives a couple of weeks ago..........It was a nice hot day and the bees were very active.

I thought the noise/vibration/smell of 2 stroke would piss them off,but they just went about their buisness. I was quite surprised!!

It was nice watching them coming back and forwards laiden with the pollen.I had thoughts of freshly toasted bread, butter and a nice dollop of honey.mmm

I've been attacked by wasps... in fairness though I had just hit their house with a hedge trimmer,so don't really blame them, as I would of done the same.

Those African x south american bees(or something like that) are ment to be nasty buggers though!!and attack for fun.

I keep bees myself and have never been attacked by them even when going through the hives. The smell of petrol machinery can sometimes make them a bit touchy, but I still strim and mow in front of my hives. If anyone comes across bees in a tree please let me know and I can pass on the details to someone who will help to get them out or take them after it has been cut down.

them south african bees and the like, its the male bee in the hive that makes them give birth to agressive young, and i think they give off agression hormones more freely, too, so to speak. They replaced a normal south african male bee with a not south african male bee and the bees were ok. wasps, and some times hornets, they are just plain nasty and if they won't be told its rolled up newspaper time. I love bumble bees though. Even though they are almost stupid.

Bumble bee photos everyone!

I pulled an old birdbox off a takedown I was doing about 10 ft up, as soon as it was off and in my hands lots of bumble bees surrounded me! I dropped the box(sorry bees) and got out of there. went back after hopping a few hedges , moved the box nearby and got on with chogging the stem down, every time I stopped cutting a few would appear have a look for their house then disappear when the saw was going again. good bees!! (we called a bee man to collect the nest)

don't get me started about wasps though.