Timberwolf bearings

kev7937

New blades with the new bearings .

well working it out roughly , we used to change our blades every 24-30 hours on the 6 inch timberwolf , this was not when they were blunt but due to the fact that chipping elm with dull blades is a pain in the arse , i guestimate that if you are not chipping large pieces of timber to often on every thing you chip is clean with no soil or stones on the but end etc then the blades would have not required changing really much before 35 hours . if you put that into context with the time it has taken the bearing to fail then i would be looking more closely at who fitted them . there are several factors that can contribute to bearing failure and possibly this has been over looked and just assumed that its same old TW bearing failure . Take it to timberwolf for them to look at mate

Defenderjack -

I wondered if youd say that as I was typing my previous comment!!!!

I had them changed twice in 6 years -

I sold it with recently replaced bearings with several years hard use in them -

cos I had a new chipper and not room for two.

Hoope its going well

Shane

its all good shane i meant it in good humour :001_smile:had a few minor issues but all is good now !it has served me well ! :thumbup1:

defenderjack - no worries, I know it was a great piece of kit for me - thats how come I had it for 6 years, just wish TW would do something about those bearings, if they did they would rule the world!

Hope iot keeps on going well for you - the engine should last you for ever - just change the oil every 50 hours and youre laughing.

I hope the landrovers doing fine - I changed my rear crossmember last year & its the dogs danglies now.

Keep up the good work.

Im defiantly not an expert but heres my pennys worth.......

We changed the bearings on one at work a few years ago and they went again really quickly.

The bearings were not quite seated right. We then took it somewhere and they said some shims where missing. I think they went behind the bearing housing.

There is a test to see if you have seated the bearings correctly. I think if you have all right when you spin the fly wheel by hand it should be so smooth that when it slows and stops it should come back a quater turn.

You may have to have the alloy housing replaced also. I had the same problem with 3bearing changes in 100 hrs. Contact redwoods as they have sourced some better bits and bobs for the replacement from germany at better cost than timberwolf. I would highly reccomend them.

We had all the maintenance done by the local dealer so we assume we get the best parts for the job fitted by the people best trained for the job.

I cant help but think on this occasion that one of the bearings was substandard or something didn't get fitted correctly.