Timberwolf bearings

kev7937

40 hours after being replaced the flywheel bearings have gone again.

The machines been returned to our dealer who insists that the only reason the bearings have gone is that the blades are blunt and he thinks they haven't been changed in 40 hours.

Although we are pretty sure they have been changed we haven't kept records so cannot prove it.

The machine didn't have to be completely stripped we are still being billed and the man who pays isn't happy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as we believe that 40 hrs is a ridiculously short life span even if the blades haven't been changed.

Cheers all

Contact Timberwolf HQ and ask for their opinion -

Are they willing to agree that the bearings are faulty or were fitted wrongly,

in which case a re-fit at their expense seems the way forward. OR

are they saying that 40 hours with unsharpened blades (if thats the case, even) is all their properly fitted bearings can stand - if so they should publicise that in their sales literature.

Hmmmm - guess why I went over to Greenmech?

are they saying that 40 hours with unsharpened blades (if thats the case, even) is all their properly fitted bearings can stand - if so they should publicise that in their sales literature.

is that why you sold me your chipper !lol:lol: just for record shane how often did you have to change then ?

were the blades sharp and newly fitted when you had the bearings changed ? because if they were then it is possibe to calculate roughly how much this would have effected the new bearings , i know of a firm who had a similar problem and it was caused by only fitting new bearings and not addressing the actual problem . Personally i would be getting in contact with the tec's at timberolf who are a realy good bunch of guys and very helpfull , maybe see if you can drop the chipper into them so that they can actually have a look and address what has gone wrong .

:thumbup1: same here

Defenderjack -

I wondered if youd say that as I was typing my previous comment!!!!

I had them changed twice in 6 years -

I sold it with recently replaced bearings with several years hard use in them -

cos I had a new chipper and not room for two.

Hoope its going well

Shane